Date: Sunday, August 6, 2023
Location: Long Beach Pyramid
Address: 1250 N Bellflower Blvd. Long Beach, CA 90840
Sign In: 8:00 AM – 8:45 AM
Entry Fee: $30
Deadline: July 18, 2023
Adult Kyu (18 years and Older)
4 Dan and up
Womens (Shodan & Up, 15 years and Older)
RSVP BY NOVEMBER 14th, 2019 (THURS PRACTICE)
Entry Fee: $0 per Competitor. Happy Holidays!
Date: Sunday, December 8th, 2019
Place: Torrance High School, 2200 W. Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90501
Do not go to West High!!
Approximate Time Schedule:
8:00 am Setup
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am Opening Ceremony
9:15 am Tournament Starts
12:00 pm Lunch time
Kids fun event, Red and White and Godo Keiko
4:30 pm Closing Ceremony
5:00 pm cleaning up
Court Volunteers: Please provide volunteers from each dojo (at least 3-5 people per dojo).
Volunteers, please arrive at 8:00 am for setup and meeting.
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be provided for Sensei and Volunteers. Please bring your own special
Lunch or you may order bento.
Bento box $10.00
Non-Bogu Matches : Single Elimination
· 12 & Under Non-Bogu Division
· 13 & Over Non-Bogu Division
· 9 years old & under (Boys & Girls)
· 10-12 years old, 6-4 Kyu (Boys & Girls)
· 10-12 years old, 3-1 Kyu (Boys & Girls)
· 13-15 Years Old any rank (Boys & Girls)
· 16-18 Year Old any rank (Boys & Girls)
· 19 years old over , Women’s Kyu
· 19 – 39 years old, Women’s Dan
· 40 years old & above, Women’s Dan
· 19 years old over Men’s Kyu
· 19 years old Men’s 1-2 Dan
· Men’s 3-4 Dan (All Ages)
· 5 Dan up (All ages)
Sea Empress (Chinese Restaurant)
1636 W Redondo Beach Blvd
Gardena, CA 90247
*About 15 mins drive from Torrance High.
Fee: $30 per person (Tax and Tip included) *Beverages are not included.
*Kid’s rate: TBD
Individual Match : **Divisions subject to change depending on registration**
Red-White Special Team Match: If time allows.
RULES and REGULATIONS
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
Tsuki Waza and Jodan are authorized for over 16 years old only AND MUST HAVE Dan Rank.
Each kenshi can only participate in one division and is responsible for bringing one’s own Me-Jirushi
Tournament brackets will be made right before the tournament. Depending on the number of participants, some divisions may be combined with others.
2019 WKF Year End Kendo Championships BUTOKUDEN Registration Form:
RSVP by Thursday October 10th, 2019
FEE: $20 (non-refundable)
LUNCH: $12.00 (ALL shinpans and volunteers will be provided FREE lunch)
WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26TH
WHERE: BUENA PARK HIGH SCHOOL
–> 8833 ACADEMY DR,
BUENA PARK, CA 90621
ROLL CALL: 8AM~8:30AM
GYM OPENS: 7AM
- 10-years old and younger
- 11-12 years old
- 13-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 18 Years old Girls & Under
- Adult Kyu Man & Women ( 19 & Over )
- Women’s ( Any Age & All Ranks )
- Seniors – 50 & Over, All Ranks
- 1-3 Dan , Any Age
- 4 Dan Up & Any Age
- Team Best 3 Women Divisions ( Any Age )
Team Best 5 Divisions ( Any Age )
Youth – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
Adult – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho(Extension)
Yudansha (Black Belt) – 4 minutes / Unlimited Encho(Extnesion)
Each participant can enter in only one division
Rank and Age as of October 26th, 2019
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set
forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK). Tournament rules may be subject to
change by the WKF Tournament Committee.
SCKO Shinpan Seminar Registration Form (Butokuden Members ONLY)
RSVP ASAP (must be done by Saturday, September 7th, 2019)
Date: 9/22 (Sunday)
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00PM (Godo keiko 4:00 – 4:45 if we have time.)
Instructor: Mamiya sensei, Ariga sensei and Okawa sensei *Other 7dan sensei, please support instructors. We will provide 7dan sensei’s lunch.
Participants: Kendo rank of 1 Dan and above (Over 14years old)
Please come prepared with:
– Shinpan Ki (Referee Flags)
– Mejiryushi (Red/White Ribbon tags)
– Referee Booklet (2006 ver.)
– Kendo Dogu and Shinai
– Bring your own lunch
We need volunteers as player. Kyu rank and children are also welcome.
Could you please ask your dojo members. We will provide lunch for them.
If anyone can participate as player, also please write their name on the list.
2019 SCKO Individual Kendo Championships Registration Form (Butokuden members only!)
RSVP by September 12th, 2019 THURSDAY
WHEN: OCTOBER 6th, 2019 (8AM-8:30AM)
LOCATION: WEST HIGH SCHOOL (20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503)
We would like to cordially ask for your help in Shinpan (refereeing) (3 Dan and up) at the tournament.
Eligibility: All AUSKF Members. If the player is not an AUSKF member, a separate waiver form must be signed at registration.
Entry Fees: $20 (individual divisions – per person), $20 for Team division entry (One team only)
Bento Fees: $10 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
- 9 & Under Boys & Girls
- 10-11 Boys & Girls
- 12-13 Boys & Girls
- 14-15 Boys
- 16-18 Boys (Any Kyu&Dan)
- 14-18 Girls (Any Kyu&Dan)
- Men’s 1-2 Dan (Over 19 years old ) (Eto Cup)
- Men’s 3-4 (Nakabara Cup)
- Men’s 5 Dan and Up (Hori Cup)
- Women’s Dan (Akune Cup)
- Adult Kyu (19 & Over) Men & Women – (Lorimer Cup)
- 50 Years and Over Dan Men & Women – (Takenaka Cup)
- “5 Best Team Matches”
Rules: for Individual
- Tournament will follow FIK Rules and Regulations.
- Each person can only participate in “One division”and is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- Nito-ryu is not allowed for Mudansha and 18 years and under divisions.
- Tsuki, Jodan, are not allowed for Mudansha and 14-15boys under divisions.
- Time Limit: All Round Robin matches (2 minutes and No Encho – Hantei), Tournament Round Matches (3 minutes and Encho-Ippon Shobu),
- Time Limit: All Yudansha Divisions (3 minutes and Encho-Ipponshobu)
Rules: for Team
- Team Match: 5 person team (Anyone: all age, gender, rank)
- – We will be collecting $20 per team for entry free. (Only one team per dojo)
- – For dojos in Southern California (SCKO, SCKF, and WKF), you will at least need 3 Kenshi from the same dojo. If you do not have enough to complete the 5, you will be allowed to recruit the remaining Kenshi (1-2) from other dojos.
- – For participants joining us from outside of Southern California, we will allow mix Kenshi from other dojos. This applies to those coming from CCKF and NCKF as well.
- – If an Yudansha adult and a youth were to have a match, we will honor the Yudansha rules. This will allow the Yudansha to do Jo-dan, Ni-to, and Tsuki.
- – For those youth entering the team match, please make sure they are old and capable enough to fight against adults. We suggest youth in high school.
- “5 Best Team Matches”: (3 minutes and No Encho )
Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives
of each team will determine the winning team.
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
- Age as of October 1st, 2019
- Division Ranks as of October 1st, 2019