RSVP May 25, 2023
25th CALIFORNIA MEMORIAL KENDO TEAM TOURNAMENT
1. Date: Sunday, June 11th, 2023
2. Location: Torrance High School: 2200 W Carson St, Torrance, CA 90501
3. Roll Call: Registration/Sign-in will take place from 8:00am to 8:30 am.
4. Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
5. Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
● 11 years and under Kids Division
● 12-14 years-old Jr.Youth Division
● 15-18 years-old Sr. Youth Division
● Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up)
● Women’s Division (15 years old and up)
● Yudansha Division
Date and Time: Saturday, May 6th, 2023
Gym Open at 7:00AM, Registration 8:00AM ~ 8:30AM
Place: Pomona High School
Address: 475 Bangor St, Pomona, CA 91767
Fees: Registration $25.00, Lunch $15.00
Registration Due: April 20th, 2023
- 10 Years Old and Underage Division
- 11 – 12 Years Old Division
- 13 – 15 Years Old Division
- 16 – 18 Years Old Division
- 18 Years Old and Under Girls Division
- Adult Kyu Division
- Women’s Division
- Senior Division (Over 50 Years Old)
- Super Senior Division (Over 62 Years Old)
- 1 – 3 Dan Division
- 4 Dan and Up Division
- Women’s Team Best 3 Division
- Team Best 5 Division
The age of the 2023 WKF Spring Kendo Championship shall determine as of May 6th, 2023
- Check Payable To: Butokuden
- Zelle: email@example.com
RSVP BY 3/23/2023
Date: Sunday, April 30th, 2023
Sign in: 8:00-8:30am
Location: El Rancho High School (Salcido Auxiliary Gym) (at Loch Alene ave. and Homebrook st.)
10 yrs & Under Kyu
11 ~ 13 yrs Kyu
14 ~ 15 yrs Kyu
Women Kyu (14 yrs & Over)
Adult 0-4 Kyu (16 yrs & Over)
Adult 3-1 Kyu (16 yrs & Over)
15 yrs & under: $15.00
16 yrs & over: $20.00
Location: Butokuden Kendo Dojo (1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606)
Date of Exam : March 26, 2023 (Sunday)
Roll call: Kyu 8:30AM, Dan 10:30AM
RSVP MARCH 12, 2023 (NO EXCEPTIONS!)
You must bring the written test at the time of registration. Please find the questions at this link:
2023 SCKO Promotion Exam – Written Portion.
Exam Fees must be paid by check (payable to Butokuden Dojo) or cash at the time of registration. if you pass, you pay for Certificate Fess after the exam, on the day of the exam.
Date: Sunday, January 22nd, 2023
Location: West Torrance High School 20401 Victor St. Torrance, CA 90503
Sign in: 8:00AM – 8:30AM
Yudansha & Adult (Age 18 & Over): $20.00
Youth (Age 17 & Under): $15.00
RSVP By Tuesday, December 27, 2022
Jr Youth Kyu (ages 10 years and under)
Youth Kyu (ages 11 to 13 years)
Sr Youth Kyu (ages 14 to 17 years)
Adult Kyu (18 and over)
Women’s (all rank, ages 14 and up)
4 Dan and up
Senior (50 and over)
2023 BUTOKUDEN International Kendo Gasshuku
Location: BUTOKUDEN Dojo, 1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606 USA
Dates/Schedule (See “2022 Butokuden Gasshuku Schedule” for details):
Arrival Date: From Saturday, March 18, 2023
Gasshuku: Start on Monday, March 20, 2023
Official Gasshuku days: Monday March 20 to Saturday, March 25, 2023 (March 25 is AM only)
Taro Ariga (Kyoshi 7 Dan)
Kunishige Katizawa (4 Dan) University of Kochi Kendo Club Captain
Butokuden Dojo Senseis
Language: Portuguese, Spanish, English, and Japanese
Participation Fee: Free
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
1) Member of an accredited Kendo Organization in your country.
2) Authorization from your Country’s Kendo Organization leader.
3) Participants must participate for the entire Gasshuku (Monday March 20 to Saturday March 25). If for some reason you cannot attend the entire Gasshuku, please let me know, and we may be able to make some exceptions.
4) The Gasshuku is focused to Kendo leaders or future leaders in your country.
5) The training is very rigorous. Participants must be in good health condition to participate.
6) Participants must have medical insurance valid in the USA. Especially during our current Covid-19 situation, you must have health insurance that is valid in the USA.
7) Due to logistics, a maximum of 3 people from each country (please inquire if more people want to participate. We do make exceptions!).
8) The participating Kenshis must be 2 Dan or above form accredited FIK organization
Please use the link below for registration.