2023 BUTOKUDEN International Kendo Gasshuku
Location: BUTOKUDEN Dojo, 1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606 USA
Dates/Schedule (See “2022 Butokuden Gasshuku Schedule” for details):
Arrival Date: From Saturday, March 18, 2023
Gasshuku: Start on Monday, March 20, 2023
Official Gasshuku days: Monday March 20 to Saturday, March 25, 2023 (March 25 is AM only)
Taro Ariga (Kyoshi 7 Dan)
Kunishige Katizawa (4 Dan) University of Kochi Kendo Club Captain
Butokuden Dojo Senseis
Language: Portuguese, Spanish, English, and Japanese
Participation Fee: Free
Application deadline: March 1, 2023
1) Member of an accredited Kendo Organization in your country.
2) Authorization from your Country’s Kendo Organization leader.
3) Participants must participate for the entire Gasshuku (Monday March 20 to Saturday March 25). If for some reason you cannot attend the entire Gasshuku, please let me know, and we may be able to make some exceptions.
4) The Gasshuku is focused to Kendo leaders or future leaders in your country.
5) The training is very rigorous. Participants must be in good health condition to participate.
6) Participants must have medical insurance valid in the USA. Especially during our current Covid-19 situation, you must have health insurance that is valid in the USA.
7) Due to logistics, a maximum of 3 people from each country (please inquire if more people want to participate. We do make exceptions!).
8) The participating Kenshis must be 2 Dan or above form accredited FIK organization
Please use the link below for registration.