Date: Sunday, November 5th, 2023
Time: 8:00am to 5:30pm
Location: West High School: 20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503
Roll Call: Registration/Sign-in will take place from 8:00am to 8:30 am
Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member or fill tournament waiver
Individual Entry (18 years and under) $15.00 per person
Individual Entry (19 years and up) $20.00 per person
Team Entry $20.00 per dojo (*Entry in the team division is not a requirement)
Bento (Lunch box): $12.00 per person (*Bento will be provided for all Shinpan)
a. 9 & Under Boys & Girls
b. 10-11 Boys & Girls
c. 12-13 Boys & Girls
d. 14-15 Boys
e. 16-18 Boys (Any Kyu & Dan)
f. 14-18 Girls (Any Kyu & Dan)
g. Men’s 1-2 Dan [Eto Cup]
h. Men’s 3-4 Dan [Nakabara Cup]
i. Men’s 5 Dan and Up [Hori Cup]
j. Women’s Dan [Akune Cup]
k. Adult Kyu (19 & Over, Men & Women) [Lorimer Cup]
l. 50 Years and Over Dan (Men & Women) [Takenaka Cup]
7. SPECIAL DIVISION: 5 Player Dojo Team
Rules for Individual Divisions
● Yudansha Junior Boys and Girls can enter their respective age division AND
Yudansha/Women’s division (ex. 16-18 Boys AND Men’s Dan OR 14-18 Girls AND
Women’s Dan). All other competitors can only participate in one division.
● Tsuki Waza and Jodan style are permitted for YUDANSHA and 16-18 years old Sr. Youth
Division only. Nito-ryu is permitted for 19 years and older YUDANSHA
● Youth Division Time Limit (All 18 and Under Boys and Girls Divisions):
o All Round Robin matches (2 minutes and No Encho – Hantei)
o Tournament Round Matches (3 minutes and unlimited Encho)
● Adult Kyu Division Time Limit:
o NO Round Robin matches
o All Adult Kyu Divisions (3 minutes and unlimited Encho)
● Yudansha Division Time Limit:
o NO Round Robin matches
o All Yudansha Divisions (3 minutes and unlimited Encho)
Rules: for Team
● Team Match: 5 person team (Anyone: all age, gender, rank)
● We will be collecting $20 per team for entry free. (Only one team per dojo)
● For dojos in Southern California (SCKO, SCKF, and WKF), you will need at least 3
Kenshi from the same dojo. If you do not have enough to complete the 5, you
will be allowed to recruit the remaining Kenshi (1-2) from other dojos.
● If a Yudansha adult and a youth are to have a match, we will honor the Yudansha
rules. This will allow the Yudansha to do Jo-dan, Ni-to, and Tsuki.
● For youths entering the team match, please make sure they are capable and old
enough to fight against adults. We suggest at least youth in high school.
● Time Limit: 3 minutes and No Encho
● If the team has only 3 players, place them in the Senpo, Chuken, and Taisho position.
● If the team has only 4 players, place them in the Senpo, Chuken, Fukusho, and Taisho
● Team order cannot be changed once submitted.
● Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set
forth by the International Kendo Federation (FIK).
● In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth
division players at all times.
● Division Ranks as of November 5th, 2023
● Age as of November 5th, 2023
● Players are responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
● Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date. However, if
unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament committee will allow
dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly notify the SCKO Competition
Committee of any team changes. The SCKO Competition Committee has the right to
decline any team changes after the tournament deadline date.