Entry Fee: $0 per Competitor. Happy Holidays!
Date: Sunday, December 10th, 2017
Place: West High School Gymnasium, 20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503
8:00 am Setup
8:30 am Registration
9:00 am Opening Ceremony
9:30 am Tournament Starts.
Court Volunteers: Please provide volunteers from each dojo (at least 3-5 people/dojo). Volunteers, please arrive at 8:00 am for setup and training.
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring your own special lunch.
Non-Bogu Matches : Single Elimination
• 14 & Under Non-Bogu Division
• 15 & Over Non-Bogu Division
See Rules and Regulation for Format
Non-Dan Kids Under 12
• 9 years old & under (Boys & Girls)
• 10-12 years old, 4 kyu or greater (Boys & Girls)
• 10-12 years old, 1-3 kyu (Boys & Girls)
• Over 13 years old, Women’s Kyu
• Under 40 years old, Women’s Dan
• 40 years old & above, Women’s Dan
• 13-16 years old Men’s Kyu
• Over 17 years old Men’s Kyu
• 13-16 years old Men’s 1-2Dan
• 17-29 years old Men’s 1-2 Dan
• 30 years old and above Men’s 1-2 Dan
• Men’s 3-5 Dan (All Ages)
• 6 Dan up (All ages)
1. Individual Match : **Divisions subject to change depending on registration**
2. East-West Special Team Match: If time is allowed.
RULES and REGULATION
1. Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
2. Tsuki Waza and Jodan are authorized for over 16 years old only AND MUST HAVE Dan Rank.
3. Each person can only participate in one division and is responsible for bringing one’s own Me-Jirushi
4. Tournament brackets will be made right before the tournament. Depending on the number of participants, some divisions may be combined with others.
Tournament Format and Time:
NON-BOGU Group Round 1: Men (2), Kote (2), Do (2)
Round 2: Kirikaeshi (1set)
Round 3: Kote-Men (2), Kote-Do (2), KoteMen-Do (2)
Winner: Decision by Hantei
KYU Group 2 minutes 3 Point Match / Unlimited Encho
DAN Group 3 minutes 3 Point Match /Unlimited Encho
*KYU & DAN Group: Semifinal and Final will be Unlimited Encho,
Grand Championship 3 minutes 3 Point Match / Unlimited Encho,
East –West Match 2 minutes / 3 point match No Encho KACHINUKI Match.
(In the case of a tie, the next kenshi from each team will compete)