2019 WKF Year End Kendo Championships BUTOKUDEN Registration Form:
RSVP by Thursday October 10th, 2019
FEE: $20 (non-refundable)
LUNCH: $12.00 (ALL shinpans and volunteers will be provided FREE lunch)
WHEN: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26TH
WHERE: BUENA PARK HIGH SCHOOL
–> 8833 ACADEMY DR,
BUENA PARK, CA 90621
ROLL CALL: 8AM~8:30AM
GYM OPENS: 7AM
- 10-years old and younger
- 11-12 years old
- 13-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 18 Years old Girls & Under
- Adult Kyu Man & Women ( 19 & Over )
- Women’s ( Any Age & All Ranks )
- Seniors – 50 & Over, All Ranks
- 1-3 Dan , Any Age
- 4 Dan Up & Any Age
- Team Best 3 Women Divisions ( Any Age )
Team Best 5 Divisions ( Any Age )
Youth – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
Adult – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho(Extension)
Yudansha (Black Belt) – 4 minutes / Unlimited Encho(Extnesion)
Each participant can enter in only one division
Rank and Age as of October 26th, 2019
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set
forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK). Tournament rules may be subject to
change by the WKF Tournament Committee.
SCKO Shinpan Seminar Registration Form (Butokuden Members ONLY)
RSVP ASAP (must be done by Saturday, September 7th, 2019)
Date: 9/22 (Sunday)
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00PM (Godo keiko 4:00 – 4:45 if we have time.)
Instructor: Mamiya sensei, Ariga sensei and Okawa sensei *Other 7dan sensei, please support instructors. We will provide 7dan sensei’s lunch.
Participants: Kendo rank of 1 Dan and above (Over 14years old)
Please come prepared with:
– Shinpan Ki (Referee Flags)
– Mejiryushi (Red/White Ribbon tags)
– Referee Booklet (2006 ver.)
– Kendo Dogu and Shinai
– Bring your own lunch
We need volunteers as player. Kyu rank and children are also welcome.
Could you please ask your dojo members. We will provide lunch for them.
If anyone can participate as player, also please write their name on the list.
2019 SCKO Individual Kendo Championships Registration Form (Butokuden members only!)
RSVP by September 12th, 2019 THURSDAY
WHEN: OCTOBER 6th, 2019 (8AM-8:30AM)
LOCATION: WEST HIGH SCHOOL (20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503)
We would like to cordially ask for your help in Shinpan (refereeing) (3 Dan and up) at the tournament.
Eligibility: All AUSKF Members. If the player is not an AUSKF member, a separate waiver form must be signed at registration.
Entry Fees: $20 (individual divisions – per person), $20 for Team division entry (One team only)
Bento Fees: $10 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
- 9 & Under Boys & Girls
- 10-11 Boys & Girls
- 12-13 Boys & Girls
- 14-15 Boys
- 16-18 Boys (Any Kyu&Dan)
- 14-18 Girls (Any Kyu&Dan)
- Men’s 1-2 Dan (Over 19 years old ) (Eto Cup)
- Men’s 3-4 (Nakabara Cup)
- Men’s 5 Dan and Up (Hori Cup)
- Women’s Dan (Akune Cup)
- Adult Kyu (19 & Over) Men & Women – (Lorimer Cup)
- 50 Years and Over Dan Men & Women – (Takenaka Cup)
- “5 Best Team Matches”
Rules: for Individual
- Tournament will follow FIK Rules and Regulations.
- Each person can only participate in “One division”and is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- Nito-ryu is not allowed for Mudansha and 18 years and under divisions.
- Tsuki, Jodan, are not allowed for Mudansha and 14-15boys under divisions.
- Time Limit: All Round Robin matches (2 minutes and No Encho – Hantei), Tournament Round Matches (3 minutes and Encho-Ippon Shobu),
- Time Limit: All Yudansha Divisions (3 minutes and Encho-Ipponshobu)
Rules: for Team
- Team Match: 5 person team (Anyone: all age, gender, rank)
- – We will be collecting $20 per team for entry free. (Only one team per dojo)
- – For dojos in Southern California (SCKO, SCKF, and WKF), you will at least need 3 Kenshi from the same dojo. If you do not have enough to complete the 5, you will be allowed to recruit the remaining Kenshi (1-2) from other dojos.
- – For participants joining us from outside of Southern California, we will allow mix Kenshi from other dojos. This applies to those coming from CCKF and NCKF as well.
- – If an Yudansha adult and a youth were to have a match, we will honor the Yudansha rules. This will allow the Yudansha to do Jo-dan, Ni-to, and Tsuki.
- – For those youth entering the team match, please make sure they are old and capable enough to fight against adults. We suggest youth in high school.
- “5 Best Team Matches”: (3 minutes and No Encho )
Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives
of each team will determine the winning team.
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
- Age as of October 1st, 2019
- Division Ranks as of October 1st, 2019
Please register using the form at the bottom of this page, so we can have an approximate head count.
PLEASE RSVP BY July 24th 2019!
We will have our annual Winery Gasshuku as follows. Unfortunately, we were not able to book the Dojo on Sunday morning, so you will be able to sleep in!
Pictures from Last year winery gasshuku.
Date/Time (July 27, 2019)
July 27 (Saturday):
1-4 PM: Kendo Practice
5-??: Wine and BBQ
Lompoc Recreational Center
124 W Walnut, Lompoc, CA 93436
Same as last year.
Adult Kenshis: $20 (if more needed, I will ask for a few more dollar on the spot)
18 & Under: $0 FREE
Wine and BBQ:
18 & Under: $5
Everyone to book the hotel on their own! Closest hotels to Jason’s place are the following:
SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Lompoc, Lompoc
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc, Lompoc
Motel 6 Lompoc, Lompoc
DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
Looking forward to a BIG participation!
Date: August 4, 2019
Roll Call: 8:30 AM
Place: CSULB, Pyramid
RSVP JULY 18
*Yudansha Divisions (Regular Tournament)
1 Dan, 2 Dan, 3 Dan, 4 Dan & Up, Women’s Dan, Adult Kyu (18 yrs & over)
4 minutes, Unlimited Extension
*No jodan, no nito, and no tsuki allow for Adult Kyu*
0-4 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 years of age and under)
3-1 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 years of age and under), open division, mix and Match of team members from other dojo/federation allowed)
Each Dojo can submit up to 2 teams in each division
3 minutes, no extension
*No jodan, no nito, and no tsuki allow
3 Kenshi consisting of any combination of below mentioned:
-Adult kyu (18 years of age and older)
– Yudansha (up to 3 dan and 30 years of age and older)
Minimum of 2 Kenshi per team
Taisho cannot tie. If there are any ties prior to the Taisho match both participants will sit down.
No jodan, no nito, and no tsuki
Each dojo can submit up to 2 teams for both Kyu and Kachinuki Teams.
Tournament Fee: $30.00
◦ Officials, staff members, spectators, and volunteers have FREE admission.
* There will be fee for car park at CSULB parking lot
JAPAN DAY – Kendo Demonstration @ The Los Angeles Angels
• Japan Day is a free event to celebrate the local Japanese community and show appreciation for their support of the Angels.
• Live Japanese entertainment, sponsor booths/activation, giveaway items, food/drinks and more.
• This event is open to the public, and will include an appearance by Shohei Ohtani. (pending his availability that day)
− Event Date: July 27, 2019
− Event Time: 2:00 pm –5:00 pm (before the game vs. Baltimore at 6:07 pm)
− Projected Attendance: 6,000+
− Location: Angel Stadium parking lot
- Parking passes will be provided for participants!
- Extra tickets will be available after we see how many are participating.
AUSKF Kodansha Kendo Promotion Examination
August 18, 2019
Location: George S Eccles Student Life Center at University of Utah Campus, Salt Lake City, UT
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019
12:30 pm – 12:55pm Registration
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Test 5 Dan & above, Shogo
|5 Dan||6 Dan||7 Dan||Renshi||Kyoshi|
|Testing Fee||$100||$120||$150||$120||$150||Non-Refundable, Non-transferable|
|Menjo Fee||$150||$200||$300||$300||$500||Void in the case of exam failure|
** Application Deadline: Friday, August 2, 2019 (All the applications and payments must be received by the deadline)
This time, we are accepting all applications online. (Please do not mail the documents to my physical address.) Please use the website below to access the application form.
All payments to be made online. If you have any problem making online payment, please contact me.
You need to pay only for the examination on application. Those who passed the test must pay the menjo fee within 2 weeks. (By the end of September 1, 2019)
Recommended Hotels nearby
Please refer to AUSKF Summer camp information.
The event hotel is the University Guest House & Conference Center. The address is 110 S Fort Douglas Blvd., SLC, UT 84113 (map). Call 1‐888‐416‐4075 by Wednesday, July 17, 2019 to make reservations via phone. Mention the group name AUSKF KENDO.
If you have any question, please contact Michio Kajitani, Promotion & Examination, AUSKF
August 16-18, 2019 Salt Lake City, Utah
2019 AUSKF Summer Camp
Dear AUSKF Federation Presidents and Supporters:
The registration is officially open for the 2019 AUSKF Summer Camp to be held in Salt Lake City, Utah on Friday, August to Sunday, August 18th. We will have an exciting program scheduled and out two guest senseis will be Shinji Funatsu Sensei (Hanshi 8 Dan) from Osaka and Masaru Yamazaki Sensei (Kyoshi 8 Dan) from Aichi. We expect a great turnout and look forward to having many US kenshi participate, so please sign up now!!
Please use the following link or copy and paste the URL below into your browser.
AUSKF SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION:
The fee for the seminar and sayonara party can be made via PayPal using the following link:
AUSKF SUMMER CAMP PAYPAL
Thank you and I look forward to see in you Salt Lake City!!!
2019 All California Open Kendo Tournament
RSVP BY JULY 16th, 2019
DATE: SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st, 2019
– California State University, Fresno, South Gym
– Gymnasium on the southeast corner of Barstow and Cedar Avenues
– Address of CSUF, Fresno at 5241 N. Maple Avenue (administrative offices) Fresno, CA 93740
REGISTRATION 8 am to 8:30 am
Early Bird Entry (received via e-mail 7/1/19)–$15.00 per participant (non-refundable)
FINAL ENTRY (received via e-mail after 7/31/19) $20.00 (non-refundable)
$20.00 (11 yrs and older), $15.00 (7-10 yrs), $10.00 (3-6 yrs)
|Shiai Rules:||Individual Divisions
· Individuals can only participate in one individual division
· Each kenshi must supply his/her own set of tasuki
· Time Limits: *Except: Semi-finals and Finals: unlimited encho.
o All divisions except Yudansha and Seniors: 3 minutes-1 minute encho and Hantei.
o Yudansha & Senior divisions: 4 minutes-1 minute encho and Hantei.
· Limit one team per federation
· Teams will consist of 13-members as outlined on attached entry form
· Time limit: 3 minutes / no encho
· In case of a tie between teams in wins and points, each team will select their best kendoist for daihyosen (ippon shobu).
2019 ENGO Scholarship Junior Kendo
Date: Sunday, July 14, 2019
RSVP BY: JUNE 13th
MUST BRING TOURNAMENT FEE BY 6/13/2019
Location & Check in:
John Burroughs High School, Gymnasium
Burbank, California 91506
Registration Time: 8:00 AM ‐ 8:30 AM
Shinpan: Referee 4‐dan and up on a volunteer basis.
Entry Fee: $20 per participant
Lunch box: $10 each (Included drink. Complimentary Lunch will be provided to Shinpans and Volunteers)
9‐years old and younger
10‐11 years old
12‐13 years old
14‐15 years old
16‐18 years old
No Hogu(Bogu) Division
Team Best 5 Divisions (One Team Per Dojo (Dojang)
Team Best 5 Composition
Senpo(선봉) 13 years old and under
15 years old and under
18‐years old and under
The age for the 2019 ENGO Scholarship Junior Kendo
Championship shall be determined as of July 14th, 2019.
This Championships will be OPEN to all Dojo (Dojang).
Each individual is only eligible to participate in a single
individual division ‐ Girls are allowed to compete in one of
either the Girls Individual Division or Boys Individual Division
Time limit: 3 minutes with unlimited additional time thereaer.
No Hogu (Bogu) Division participants will perform:
Kirikaeshi(연격), Men(머리), Kote(손목), Do(허리),
Kote‐men(손목‐머리), and Kote‐do(손목‐허리).
All skills will be performed two times, with the exception of
Only one team from each Dojo (Dojang) can participate in the
Team Best 5 Division:
– Team matches in the Team Best 5 Division will consist of 5
members selected from each age group as outlined above
– Time Limit: 3 minutes
– Tie matches will be determined by one point match.
Neck aack is valid only for 16‐18 years old age group in the
Individual and Team (Captain) Championships. SangDan (Jodan)
will only be allowed in the 16‐18 year old age group for Boys
Individual and Boys Team Match.
1st Round of Match format will be round robin and 2nd Round
format will be tournament brackets. The format of Individual and
Team matches are subject to change depending on the number of
All other rules will comply with standard rules and regulations set
forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK)