We don’t receive an invitation from SCKO yet, so some information is based on last year.
Date : Sunday, December 13th, 2015
Time (Last Year) : 8 am = Set up & Registration /8:45 am = opening ceremony/ 9am = Tournament start
Eligibility : SCKO Members Only
Entree Fee : Free!!!
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be provided.
Please bring your own lunch.
Division (Last Year):
• 9 & Under
• 10-12 4 Kyu & under
• 10-12 3-1 Kyu
• 13 & Over Women’s Kyu
• 39 & Under Women’s Dan
• 40 & Over Women’s Dan
• 13-16 Men’s Kyu
• 17 & Over Men’s Kyu
• 13-16 Men’s 1-2Dan
• 17 -29 Men’s 1-2 Dan
• 30 & Over 1-2 Dan
• Men’s 3-5 Dan
• 6 Dan & Up
Please fill out the form.
PDF Version of the official invitation >> FIK Invitation to FY2015 American Zone Kendo Referee Seminar in Toronto (AUSKF)
Please ready carefully and fill out the form below. (This application page is for SCKO Members only!)
FIK announced that the FIK Kendo Referee Seminar for the American Zone (FY 2015) will be held in January 2016 in Toronto, Canada.
1. Date: January 30 & 31, 2016 (Saturday & Sunday)
2. Host Organization: Canadian Kendo Federation (CKF)
3. Place: Japanese Canadian Cultural Center (6 Garamond Court, Toronto, Ontario M3C 1Z5)
* Transportation is provided between HQ Hotel and Venue/Party Restaurant.
4. Accommodation Reservations:
Please book the rooms by yourself. Hotel recommended by CKF is as below. This rate will be applied
for your stay of January 29, 30 and 31. Only 50 rooms are able to be booked with this rate (first come,
HQ Hotel: The Westin Prince Hotel, Toronto
900 York Mills Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 3H2, Canada
Tel: +1(416) 444-2511, Room reservation: +1 (888) 627-8550
Website: dedicated link page for participant,
Price of one room (2 beds) per night. CAD$157.07 (includes tax)
* Booking: Please, call and specify “KENDO”
* Breakfast Buffet is CAD$24.86 (includes tax)
* Transportation by chartered bus has been arranged by CKF as follows.
January 30 Saturday:
08:15 departure from Westin Prince Hotel to JCCC
17:30 JCCC to Westin Prince Hotel
January 30 Saturday evening:
18:30 Hotel to the Welcome Banquet (Gold Mark)
From the Banquet to the Hotel drop off 22:00
January 31 Sunday morning:
08:15 Pick up, Hotel to Seminar (JCCC)
5. Access: Toronto Pearson International Airport to the Westin Prince Hotel:
30 minutes by taxi / 29km/ taxi fare: 50 CAD$ plus tip
West Prince Hotel to Seminar (JCCC): 10 minutes (5 km)
6. Schedule outline:
January 30 (Sat) 2016: Seminar, Goodwill Keiko 09:00-16:30 Welcome Party 19:00-21:00
January 31 (Sun) 2016: Seminar, Goodwill Keiko 08:30-12:00
7. Participants expected:
* A participant should be a member of the FIK affiliated organization in principle.
* A participant is a holder of Kendo 5-Dan or more upper Dan in principle, who practice Kendo continually.
(4-Dan holders are accepted as well if he/she desires.)
* No age limitation.
* 5 or more participants from one FIK affiliated organization are preferable.
* The candidates for the WKC referees are requested to participate in this seminar.
* The application form covers up to 12 applicants, but this is not a limit. In case of more than 12
participants, please make a copy of application form and use it.
* Please do not be absent from this seminar except for an unavoidable reason.
* Nobody can participate in this seminar without official registration.
* Please wear Keiko-gi, Hakama, and Tare while participating in the seminar.
The participant bears the responsibility of their expenses for travel, accommodations and meals.
Box lunches are available on both days, for the cost of CAD$12.00 per bento.
The Welcome Banquet (optional). Location is “Gold Mark Chinese Cuisine”.
7501 Woodbine Ave. Markham, Ont, Canada L3R 2W1
Tel: 905 477 2268, Website: www.goldmarkchinesecuisine.com
The cost of the welcome-party is CAD$50.00 includes tax and tip. (Cash Bar)
BYOB-Bringing your own alcohol is permitted.
(1) Three instructors will be sent from International Kendo Federation.
(2) Interpreter (Japanese, English) will be provided during the seminar.
Date: December 20th, Sunday
Time: Tournament 11 am – 3:30 pm, Party 4:30 pm to 8 pm
Location: Butokuden Dojo
Tournament Division: (It may change)
- 2 Bu:
- Junior Non-Bogu (14 years old and under)
- Junior A (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 9 years old and under)
- Junior B (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 10 – 14 years old)
- Junior C (2 Kyu – 1 Kyu: 14 years old and under)
- Junior D (15 – 18 years old)
- Junior Girls (10 – 18 years old)
- 3 Bu:
- Adult Non-Bogu (15 years old and over)
- Adult Kyu (19 years old and over)
- Men’s Dan (1 Dan – 3 Dan)
- Women’s Dan (1 Dan and up)
- Masters (45 years old and over)
- Sensei (4 Dan and up)
- Potluck party: Please bring Food and Drinks.
- Talent Show: Please prepare your performance!!! Everyone is welcome to perform. Please let Chie or Shin know what you will do.
- Present Exchange: gift suggested amount for kids: $5, adults: $10
Deadline: December 6th, Sunday
Please fill out the form below.
Download 2016 E-BOGU Calendar here!
This is to inform you of the Semi Annual SCKO Rank Promotion Examination.
１.Date: Sunday, November 15, 2015
２.Time: Roll call Kyu group: 9:00 AM, Yudansha group: 12:30 PM
３.Place: Butokuden Dojo (1581 Browning Irvine, CA 92606)
４.Application Deadline: Must be received no later than October 24, 2015. No Exceptions.
Submit photocopy of existing rank certificate if taken at another Federation.
Kyu 17 years & under $10.00
Kyu 18 years & above $20.00
1 Dan $15.00
2 Dan $25.00
3 Dan $35.00
4 Dan $45.00
certificate fee(Please pay if you pass)
Kyu 17 years & under $10.00
Kyu 18 years & above $20.00
1 Dan $30.00
2 Dan $40.00
3 Dan $60.00
4 Dan $80.00
６． Applicants must bring: All ranks must bring own Kendo-gu, neat Keiko-gi and Hakama, and Shinai.
3 Kyu and up, bring Bokuto for taking “Bokuto Keiko hou” (Training Method for fundamental kendo techniques with Bokuto) and kendo kata exams.
1 Kyu and up, bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
7. Examination items:
6 Kyu: Men-uchi (twice), Kirikaeshi,
5 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men-uchi (twice), kote-men (twice), doh-uchi (twice)
4 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, gokaku-keiko
Kendo match: 4Kyu – 4 Dan
Bokuto Keiko hou fundamental:
1 to 4: 3 Kyu
1 to 6: 2 Kyu
1 to 9: 1 Kyu
Nihon Kendo kata:
1 to 3: 1 Kyu
1 to 5: 1 Dan
1 to 7: 2 Dan
1 to 10: 3 Dan and 4 Dan
Written test: 1 Kyu, 1 Dan, 2 Dan, 3 Dan, and 4 Dan
(*1) All 1 Kyu and 1 Dan through 4 Dan taking the exam must complete the attached written test prior to the exam date. They must submit this on the day of the exam. Written test is the last stage of your examination.
(*2) Enclosed is only one copy of the Written Test Questionnaire. Therefore, please make additional copies of the written test and distribute to examination applicants.
(*3) Examinees which successfully pass all stages of the rank exam MUST pay Certificate (Menjo) fee at the day of the exam, after the results are announced. Without ordering the certificate, the passed rank will annul.
(*4) AUSKF issues Only English certificates.
(*5) All examinees must be a member of AUSKF and pay their annual fee before submitting for examination
1.Date: October 4th, 2015 (Sunday) Roll Call from 8:30 – 9:00AM
2.Place: Marina High School
15871 Springdale St Huntington Beach, CA 92649
3.Eligibility: AUSKF Members Only
4.Event: Individual Kendo Tournament
5.Entree fee: $20.00 / Non Refundable
6.Bento: $8.00 each
*All Shinpan and Volunteers, Lunch will be provided by SCKO.
9 & Under Boys & Girls – All Ranks
10-12 Years Old Boys & Girls – All Ranks
13-15 Years Old Boys – All Ranks
16-18 Years Old Boys – All Ranks
13 Years Over Girl’s & Women’s Kyu
Adult Men’s Kyu (19 & over Kyu)
Women’s Dan (13 & over Dan)
Men’s 1-2 Dan (19 & over)
Men’s 3-4 Dan (19 & over)
Men’s 5 Dan up (Any age)
• Each participant can enter in only one division.
• Rank as of September 1, 2014
7.Dead line:September 13th 2015
Butokuden Kendo Members:
Please find below the updated schedule for Kendo events for the upcoming months. Please update your calendars.
6/27 (Sat): 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Junior Practice @ Cerritos Dojo
7/4 (Sat): 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Junior Practice @ Butokuden << CANCELLED
7/18 (Sat): 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM Junior Practice @ Cerritos Dojo
7/19 (Sun): SCKO Godogeiko (@Butokuden)
7/25 (Sat): 9:00 PM – 5:00 PM Junior Camp @ Butokuden
7/26 (Sat): 9:00 PM – 4:30 PM Junior Camp @ Butokuden (Sendoff Party after practice)
!! SPECIAL SCHEDULE FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST !!
(Regular schedule resume on September 1)
Kids Kendo (1BU 3:30 Class) will be closed during the month of August
Junior Advance & Adults (2BU & 3BU): Together on Tuesday and Thursday 6:30 – 8:30PM
Wednesday Open practice (Open to everyone) Wednesday 7 – 8:30PM
8/1 (Sat): All USA Junior Kendo Open Championships (@Huntington Beach) RSVP June 16
8/2 (Sun): All USA Junior Kendo Seminar (@Huntington Beach)
8/9 (Sun): 14TH NIKKEI GAMES KENDO TOURNAMENT (RSVP July 8) Place: CSULB, Pyramid
Register here: http://www.butokuden.com/2015/06/24/14th-nikkei-games-kendo-tournament-aug-9-2015/
8/16 (Sun): SCKO Godogeiko (@Butokuden)
8/23 (Sun): 75TH ANNUAL NISEI WEEK KENDO KYU TOURNAMENT (RSVP July 29)
Place: Almansor Gym 800 S. Almansor Ave, Alhambra (Tournament Fees: $15.00)
Register here: http://www.butokuden.com/2015/06/24/75th-annual-nisei-week-kendo-kyu-tournament-august-23-2015/
9/20 (Sun): SCKO Godogeiko (@Butokuden)
RSVP July 29
DATE: August 23, 2015
800 S. Almansor Ave, Alhambra
Tournament Fees: $15.00
Individual Matches; 3 minutes, 2 min extension, hantei (Except semifinals and final)
Team Matches; 3 minutes, no extension
10 years and under any kyu
11 to 13 years any kyu
14 to 15 years any kyu
Women’s kyu 14 and older
Adult 16 and older
Team (kyu team)
senpo: 10 and under any kyu
jiho: 13 and under any kyu
chuken: 15 and under any kyu
fukusho: any kyu, any age
taisho: any kyu, any age
Rules and Regulations:
– For all kyu divisions, including adult kyu, the tsuki point will not be considered as a valid point.
– For all kyu divisions, including adult kyu, a participant may only use the chudan position to strike from. All points from other non-chudan kamae will not be considered as a valid point.
– All Kyu Groups may use Hidari Do (Gyaku Do)
RSVP July 8
Date: August 9, 2015
Roll Call: 8:30 AM
Place: CSULB, Pyramid
*Yudansha Divisions (Regular Tournament)
1 Dan, 2 Dan, 3 Dan, 4 Dan & Up, Women’s Dan
Rules: 4 minutes, Unlimited Extension
0-4 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 yeas of age and under)
3-1 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 years of age and under)
Rules: Each Dojo can submit up to 2 teams in each division
3 minutes, no extension
3 Kenshi consisting of any combination of below mentioned:
-Adult kyu (18 years of age and older)
– Yudansha (up to 3 dan and 30 years of age and older)
Minimum of 2 Kenshi per team
Taisho can not tie. If there are any ties prior to the taisho match both participants will sit
No jodan, no nito, and no tsuki
Each dojo can submit up to 2 teams for both Kyu and Kachinuki Teams.
Tournament Fee: $20.00
◦ Officials, staff members, spectators, and volunteers have FREE admission.
* There will be fee for car park at CSULB parking lot