Click the link below:
June 1-2, 2019 (Las Vegas, Nevada)!
2019 AUSKF Kodansha Seminar
Dear AUSKF Federation Presidents and Supporters:
Thank you all for your continued support and enthusiasm for all of our AUSKF Education events. We are receiving great feedback and hope to continue to create programs that are aimed at various sectors of our kendo population in the US.
In furtherance of this goal, we are very pleased to announce the 1st AUSKF Kodansha Seminar to be held June 1st and 2nd in Las Vegas!!! This seminar will be led by our very own Hanshi 8 Dan, Yoshiteru Tagawa Sensei. In addition to a focus on high-level kendo techniques and instruction, we will be going over Bokuto Ni Yoru Kendo Kihon Waza Keiko Ho.
More information, including registration instructions will follow shortly, but the tentative schedule is below:
Saturday, June 1st
Sunday, June 2nd
Bill & Lillie Heinrich YMCA
4141 Meadows Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Location – TBD
2019 SCKO Memorial Kendo Team Tournament Registration Form (BUTOKUDEN Members Only)
PLEASE RSVP BY TUESDAY MAY 7TH, 2019 !
Date: Sunday, May 26th, 2019 (Memorial Weekend
Location: West High School: 20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503
Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place from 8:00am to 8:30 am.
Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
|● 11 years and under Kids Division
||● Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up)
|● 12-14 years-old Jr.Youth Division
||● 1st – 4th Dan Division, Over 40 Years Old
|● 15-18 years-old Sr. Youth Division
||● Yudansha Division
18 years and under $15.00 per person
19 years and up $20.00 per person
Bento (Lunch box): $10.00 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers (per dojo) will be provided with Bento at no charge
To all NEW Kendo and Jodo members,
Please fill out this form and submit it by Tuesday, March 12th, 2019!!!
NO EXCEPTIONS FOR LATE REGISTRATIONS!
Fees are as follows:
- 17 & under $55
- 18 & over (adult) $95
- 18 & over, full time student $65
- Initiation fee $10 (any new members without AUSKF ID registering for the first time)
2019 Team SCKO Junior’s Send Off Party!
PLEASE RSVP BY: March 14th through this form!
Date: Saturday, March 23rd, 2019
Location: Butokuden Dojo
Junior Practice: 9AM – 12PM
Send-off Party: 1PM – 3PM
SCKO will be providing food and beverages, but Potluck items are welcome!!
Few volunteers needed to help with food set up, serving, and clean up. Please arrive by 12PM noon!
“Junior Team parents need not apply” – Carolyn Yatomi sensei
THE 2019 WKF Spring KENDO CHAMPIONSHIP
PLEASE RSVP BY APRIL 9, 2019
– Date : Sunday, April 28th, 2019
– Location: John Burroughs High School
1920 W Clark Ave, Burbank, CA 91506
– Roll Call : 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM. Gym Opens at 7:00 AM
- Event : Individual / Team Tournament
• 10‐years old and younger
• 11‐12 years old
• 13‐15 years old
• 16‐18 years old
• Adult Kyu Men & Women ( 19 & Over )
• Women ‐ Any Age & All Ranks
• Seniors ‐ 50 & Over, All Ranks
• 1‐3 Dan ‐ Any Age
• 4 Dan Up ‐ Any Age
- Women’s Team Best 3 Division
- Team Best 5 Division
・ Youth – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
・ Adult – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
・ Yudansha (Black Belt) – 4 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extnesion)
・ Each participant can enter in only one division
・ Rank and Age as of April 28th, 2019
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth
by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK). Tournament rules may be subject to change
by the WKF Tournament Committee.
Fees: $20 (non-refundable)
Lunch: $10 (*Lunch will be provided by WKF for all Shinpans and volunteers.)
79th Nisei Week Kendo Tournament!
Please RSVP by THURSDAY, APRIL 4th, 2019 – NO EXCEPTIONS NO LATE REGISTRATION!!!!
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE – MORE DETAILED TOURNAMENT INFORMATION LISTED AT THE BOTTOM. Thank you!
The Nisei Week Kendo Tournament has been held annually in conjunction with the Nisei Week festivities, celebrating the Nisei American heritage and contributions to their communities!
SAVE THE DATE: May 5th, 2019
LOCATION: Almansor Park (Indoor Basketball Gym) 800 S. Almansor Ave., Alhambra, CA
REGISTRATION BEGINS: 8:00AM – 8:30AM
Participant can only enter ONE division excluding Team
- 10 Years & Under Kyu
- 11 – 13 Years Kyu
- 14 – 15 Years Kyu
- Women’s Kyu (14 Years & Over)
- Adult 0 – 4 Kyu (16 Years & Over)
- Adult 3-1 Kyu (16 Years & Over)
Individual Matches: 3 minutes, 2 minute extension (encho), hantei (Except for semi-finals and finals)
Team Matches: 3 minutes, no extension
Tournament will follow SCKF Tournament Rules and Regulations, Ver 3.1, 01/2009
For all divisions: NO TSUKI, NO JODAN – A participant may only use the chudan position to strike from! Striking from a non-chudan kamae will not be considered a valid point.
15 Years & Under: $15.00
16 Years & Over: $20.00
* Please make all checks payable to Butokuden Dojo *
Register for the Semi-Annual Kendo Promotion Exam on
April 21, 2019 (Sunday)
RSVP BY TUESDAY APRIL 2ND NO EXCEPTIONS NO LATE REGISTRATION! Thank you.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW! VERY IMPORTANT!
Kyu Group: 9:00AM
Yudansha Group: 12:30PM
Butokuden Dojo: 1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606
* EVERYONE must bring own BOGU, neat Keikogi and Hakama, and Shinai DO NOT FORGET!!!*
IMPORTANT INFO FOR EACH RANK PLEASE READ BELOW!!!
- 3 Kyu and Up, bring Bokuto for taking “Bokuto Keiko hou” (Training Method for fundamental kendo techniques with Bokuto) and Nihon Kendo Kata exams.
- 1 Kyu and Up, bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
- 6 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men·uchi (twice), (chakuso, reiho, hassei)
- 5 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men·uchi (twice), kote·men (twice), doh·uchi (twice), (chakuso,
- 4 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, gokaku·keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei)
- 3 Kyu: Gokaku·keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei), “Bokuto Keiko hou” 1~4
- 2 Kyu: Gokaku·keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu·no·sae), “Bokuto
Keiko hou” 1~9
- 1 Kyu: Gokaku·keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu·no·sae, ki·ken·tai·ichi), Nihon Kendo Kata 1~3 and written examination (no more “Bokuto Keiko hou”)
- 1 Dan: Gokaku·keiko (one who is skilled and has learned the basics of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1~5, and written examination
- 2 Dan: Gokaku·keiko (one who is finely skilled and has acquired the basics of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1~7, and written examination
- 3 Dan: Gokaku·keiko (one who is superbly skilled and has expertise in the basics
of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1·10, and written examination
- 4 Dan: Gokaku·keiko (one who is exceptionally skilled and has mastered the basics
and applied use of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1·10, and written examination
PLEASE REVIEW THE LINK BELOW FOR THE WRITTEN PORTION OF THE PROMOTION EXAM (Q11):
(*1) All 1 Kyu and 1 ·4 Dan taking the exam must complete the attached written examination prior to the exam
date. T hey must submit this on the day of the exam. Written examination is the last state of your promotion
(*2) Please distribute copies of attached Written Test Questionnaire to your dojo members for this purpose.
(*3) Examinees who successfully pass all stages of the rank exam MUST pay Certificate (Menjo) fee at the day
of the exam, after the results are announced. Without paying the certificate fee on the day of the exam, the
passed rank will be annulled.
(*4) AUSKF issues only English certificates.
(*5) All examinees must be a member of AUSKF and pay their annual fee before submitting for examination.
FEES!!! Please make Checks Payable to BUTOKUDEN DOJO
|SCKO affiliated Dojo
|Kyu 17 years & under
|Kyu 18 years & above
RSVP BY 01/02/2019
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2019
Sign in: 8:00-8:30am
Location: Wilson Park, Torrance, CA
Divisions: (Participant can only enter ONE division)
0-6 Kyu Women’s Dan
5-4 Kyu 1-3 Dan
3-1 Kyu 4 Dan & above
Girl’s Kyu (17 and under)
Senior Dan (50 and above)
Adult Kyu (18 and above)
Murakami Cup Perpetual Trophy
Winner from each of four youth divisions (17 and under) will compete for the Murakami Cup
Yamaguchi Cup Perpetual Trophy
Winner from each of four Yudansha divisions will compete for the Yamaguchi Cup
17 and under: $15.00
18 and over and all Yudansha: $20.00
Butokuden Kendo Members!
This is the biggest event of our Dojo. I hope everyone can make it! A lot of games and prizes.
Part 1: Tournament (it may vary depending on the progress):
10:30 Roll call
11:00 Opening ceremony
11:30 Junior Tournament Starts
12:30 Junior Finals
13:30 Adult’s Tournament
14:30 Martial Arts Demonstration
15:00 Adult’s Finals
15:30 Closing Ceremony. Awards Ceremony
Part 2: Christmas Party
16:00 Party preparation
16:30 Christmas Party Starts
Potluck Dinner, Games, Santa Claus Visit, Talent Show, Present Exchange
20:00 Party Close
1) Dinner will be Potluck, so please bring your favorite dishes.
2) Present donation are welcome for Game and Talent show prizes.
3) For present exchange, please bring a gift of the following amount: Kids: up to $5, Adults: up to $10
Divisions (May vary depending on the number of participants in each division):
1. Junior Non-Bogu A (5 – 7 years old)
2. Junior Non-Bogu B (7 – 14 years old)
3. Junior A (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 9 years old and under)
4. Junior B (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 10 – 14 years old)
5. Junior C (2 Kyu – 1 Kyu: 14 years old and under)
6. Junior D (15 – 18 years old)
7. Junior Girls (10 – 18 years old)
8. Adult Non-Bogu (15 years old and older)
9. Adult Kyu (19 years old and older)
10. Men’s Dan (1 Dan – 3 Dan: 19 years old and older)
11. Women’s Dan (1 Dan and up: 19 years old and older)
12. Masters (45 years old and older)
13. Sensei (4 Dan and up)
* Players in the following can participate in multiple divisions
(Adult Kyu, Men’s Dan, Women’s Dan in Masters)
(Junior Girls in Junior Division)
*Division 1 – 9 have qualifying round before tournament.
*Time: Division 3 – 7 & 9: 2 min, Division 10 – 13: 3 min (may change)