2018 ENGO Scholarship Junior Kendo Championship
RSVP BY JUNE 5th, 2018
Date: Sunday, June 24th, 2018
(Gymnasium open 7am – Registration 8-8:30am)
Location: John Burroughs High School, Gymnasium (Building 5)
1920 W. Clark Ave, Burbank, CA 91506
- This championship will be open to all Kendo Students 18-years old and younger regardless of rank.
- The aggregate scholarship amount is $10,000.
- The trophies and award certificates will be presented in addition to the scholarships.
- Each participant will receive a Championship souvenir.
- Entry Fee: $20 & Lunch Box: $10 (In order to receive a lunch box, participants must pre-order their lunches. Drinks are included. Complimentary lunch boxes will be provided to shinpans/referees)
HOST & SPONSOR
- Host: Western Kendo Federation
- Title Sponsor: Education for Next Generation Organization (ENGO)
- Volunteers: Youth Volunteers Organization (YVO)
- Accounting: ABC CPAs
- 9 years old and younger
- 10-11 years old
- 12-13 years old
- 14-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 13-under girls
- 14-18 girls
- No Bogu Division
- Team Best 5 Division (One Team Per Dojo)
- Senpo: 13 years old and under
- Jiho/Chuken: 15 years old and under
- Fukusho/Taisho: 18 years old and under
- This Championships will be OPEN to all Dojos associated with AUSKF (All United States Kendo Federation).
- Each individual is only eligible to participate in a single individual division – Girls are allowed to compete in one of either Girls Individual Division or Boys Individual Division.
- Time Limit: 3 minutes with unlimited additional time thereafter
- No Bogu Division participants will perform:
- Kirikaeshi, Men, Kote, Kote-Men, Kote-Do
- All skills will be performed two times, with the exception of kirikaeshi
- Only one team from each Dojo can participate in the Team Best 5 Division:
- Team matches in the Team Best 5 Division will consist of 5 members selected from each age group as outlined above
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- Tie matches will be determined by one point match (ippon-shoubu)
- Tsuki (neck attack) is valid only for 16-18 years old age group in the individual and Team (Captain/Taisho) Championships. Jodan will only be allowed in the 16-18 year old age group for Boys Individual and Boys Team Match.
- 1st Round of Match format will be round robin and 2nd Round format will be tournament brackets.
- The format of individual and team matches are subject to change depending on the number of participants.
- All other rules will comply with standard rules and regulations set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- 4-Dan and Up on a volunteer basis