NOTE!! THIS FORM IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO NEVER REGISTERED TO AUSKEF AND SCKO IN THE PAST.
2018 AUSKF Spring Promotion Examination (April 15, 2018)
Location: Marina High School (15871 Springdale St, Huntington Beach, CA 92649)
Dates: Sunday, April 15, 2018
- 12:30 pm – 12:55 pm: Registration
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Test 5 Dan & above, Shogo
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Seminar/Keiko
|5 Dan||6 Dan||7 Dan||Renshi||Kyoshi|
|Testing Fee||$100||$120||$150||$120||$150||Non-Refundable, Non-transferable|
|Menjo Fee||$150||$200||$300||$300||$500||Void in the case of exam failure|
** Application Deadline: Friday, March 30, 2018 (All the documents and checks must be received by the deadline)
Submit the following to VP Promotion & Examination, AUSKF
Please email the following in PDF file to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form
- Copy of current Dan Certificate (Menjo)
- Essay (Written Test Answer Sheet; must be completed in English)
- Recommendation (by the president of your federation) – **Shogo applicants only
Please mail the payments to: Michio Kajitani, VP P&E AUSKF, 590 Shadowbrook CT, Redlands, CA 92374
- 1 check for Examination Fee
- 1 check for Menjo Fee ( It will be void in case you fail in the exam)
- Hard copy of the application form.
** All checks made payable to All United States Kendo Federation.
** Please do not send cash or money order for Menjo fee
Lodging information: the hotel below is near the gym and special rate applies if you book by March 3.
Holiday Inn Orange County Airport (2726 S Grand Ave, Santa Ana, CA 92705) Phone: 714 4816300
If you have any question, please contact Michio Kajitani, Promotion & Examination, AUSKF
Toshikoshi Keiko 2017 – 2018 @ Butokuden
This Sunday December 31 @ 11PM.
Dojo Opens at 10:45PM
2017 Practice starts at 11:15 PM (Jigeiko Only, so please warm up yourself prior to Keiko)
2017 Practice ends at 11:55 PM
New Year Celebration! at MIDNIGHT
2018 Practice starts at 00:10 AM
2018 Practice ends at 00:50 AM
Ozoni and Sake Party
Dear Arata’s Friends:
Our Dojo member, Arata Ogikubo, has passed away on November 22, 2017, due to a car accident. We will hold a Memorial Keiko for Arata as follows. I hope anyone that has crossed swords with Arata can join us at this memorial Keiko and remember him.
Date: Saturday January 13, 2018, 5:30 PM
Location: BUTOKUDEN Dojo
5:30 PM: Arrival
6:00 PM: Memorial Keiko Starts
7:00 PM: End of Keiko. Words from the Ogikubo Family
7:15 – 8:00 PM: Memory Slide pictures (Snack and Drinks will be served)
RSVP January 4 (Thursday)
2018 Mori Hai Tournament
Date: Sunday, January 21, 2018
Sign in: 8:00-8:30am
Location: Wilson Park, Torrance, CA
Divisions: (Participants can only enter ONE division)
- 0-6 Kyu (age 13 and under)
- 5-4 Kyu
- 3-1 Kyu
- Women’s Kyu (14 and older)
- Adult Kyu
- Women’s Dan
- 1-2 Dan
- 3-4 Dan
- 5 Dan and above
- Senior Group 1 (50-59)
- Senior Group 2 (60+)
- Kyu 3 minutes, 2 minutes encho, hantei(except for semifinals & finals)
- Dan 4 minutes, 2 minutes encho, hantei(except for semifinals & finals)
17 and under: $15.00
18 & older and ALL Yudanshas: $20.00
1. Date: November 19, 2017 (Sunday)
2. Time: Roll Call – Kyu Group: 9:00AM, Yudansha Group: 12:30PM
3. Place: Butokuden Dojo, 1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606
4. Application Deadline: Butokuden Members: October 26, 2017
5. Examination Fee: Please see below
6. Applicants Must Bring: All ranks must bring own Kendo-gu, neat Keiko-gi and Hakama, and Shinai.
3 Kyu and Up, bring Bokuto for taking “Bokuto Keiko hou” (Training Method for fundamental kendo techniques with Bokuto) and Nihon Kendo Kata exams.
1 Kyu and Up, bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
7. Examination Items: 6 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men-uchi (twice), (chakuso, reiho, hassei)
5 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men-uchi (twice), kote-men (twice), doh-uchi (twice), (chakuso, reiho, hassei)
4 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei)
3 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei), “Bokuto Keiko hou” 1-4
2 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu-no-sae), “Bokuto Keiko hou” 1-9
1 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu-no-sae, ki-ken-tai-ichi), Nihon Kendo Kata 1-3 and written examination (no more “Bokuto Keiko hou”)
1 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is skilled and has learned the basics of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1-5, and written examination
2 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is finely skilled and has acquired the basics of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1-7, and written examination
3 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is superbly skilled and has expertise in the basics of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1-10, and written examination
4 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is exceptionally skilled and has mastered the basics and applied use of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1-10, and written examination
8. Volunteers Required: Please see attached volunteer request letter
(*1) All 1 Kyu and 1-4 Dan taking the exam must complete the attached written examination prior to the exam date. They must submit this on the day of the exam. Written examination is the last state of your promotion exam.
(*2) Please distribute copies of attached Written Test Questionnaire to your dojo members for this purpose.
(*3) Examinees who successfully pass all stages of the rank exam MUST pay Certificate (Menjo) fee at the day of the exam, after the results are announced. Without paying the certificate fee on the day of the exam, the passed rank will be annulled.
(*4) AUSKF issues only English certificates.
(*5) All examinees must be a member of AUSKF and pay their annual fee before submitting for examination.
|SCKO affiliated Dojo|
|Exam Fee||Certificate Fees|
|Kyu 17 years & under||$10.00||$20.00|
|Kyu 18 years & above||$10.00||$30.00|
Butokuden Dojo Members:
SCKO is planning to have a Shinpan(Referee) Seminar on October 1st (Sunday).
The information is following.
Date: 10/1 (Sunday)
Time: 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM (Godo keiko 4:00 – 4:45 if we have time.)
Instructor: Head Instructor Hori sensei and 6,7 dan sensei
Participants: Kendo rank of 1 Dan and above (Over 14years old)
Please come prepared with:
– Shinpan Ki (Referee Flags)
– Mejiryushi (Red/White Ribbon tags)
– Referee Booklet (2006 ver.)
– Kendo Dogu and Shinai
Please pay upon arrival: $10 Bento fee (Pay to: Southern California Kendo Organization)
The deadline for the application is Sep 23rd. Please send us back.
We need volunteers as player. Kyu rank and children are also welcome.
Could you please ask your dojo members.
If anyone can participate as player, also please write their name on the list.
This is very good opportunity for learning about referee and improving your skill.
We are looking forward to many people taking this opportunity to attend!
- Date/Time: October 8, 2017 (8:30AM – 8:45AM roll call. Tournament starts at 9AM)
- Location: Edison High School (21400 Magnolia St, Huntington Beach, CA 92646)
- RSVP: Monday, September 25, 2017. Please reply by sending the attached registration form to email@example.com, and mailing the tournament fees to SCKO (1581 Browning, Irvine CA 92606).
- We would like to cordially ask for your help in refereeing (4 Dan and up) at the tournament.
- Fee: $20 all players
- Bento: $10
Eligibility: All AUSKF Members. If the player is not an AUSKF member, a separate waiver form must be signed at registration.
- 9 & Under Boys & Girls
- 10-11 Boys & Girls
- 12-13 Boys & Girls
- 14-15 Boys
- 16-18 Boys
- 14-18 Girls
- Men’s 1-2 Dan (Eto Cup)
- Men’s 3-4 (Nakabara Cup)
- Men’s 5 Dan and Up (Hori Cup)
- Women’s Dan (Akune Cup)
- Adult Kyu (19 & Over) Men & Women – (Lorimer Cup)
- 55 Years and Over Dan Men & Women
- “5 Best Team Matches”