RSVP SEPTEMBER 27, 2018
Date/Time: October 14, 2018 (8:15AM – 8:30AM roll call. Tournament starts at 9AM)
Location: West High School (20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503 )
Entry Fees: $20 (individual divisions – per person)
Bento Fees: $10 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
1) 9 & Under Boys & Girls
2) 10-11 Boys & Girls
3) 12-13 Boys & Girls
4) 14-15 Boys
5) 16-18 Boys
6) 14-18 Girls
7) Men’s 1-2 Dan (Eto Cup)
8) Men’s 3-4 (Nakabara Cup)
9) Men’s 5 Dan and Up (Hori Cup)
10) Women’s Dan (Akune Cup)
11) Adult Kyu (19 & Over) Men & Women – (Lorimer Cup)
12) 50 Years and Over Dan Men & Women – (Takenaka Cup)
13) “5 Best Team Matches”
Rules: for Individual
Tournament will follow FIK Rules and Regulations.
Each person can only participate in “One division” and is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White
Nito-ryu is not allowed for Mudansha and 18 years and under divisions.
Tsuki, Jodan, are not allowed for Mudansha and 14-15boys under divisions.
Time Limit: All Round Robin matches (2 minutes and No Encho – Hantei), Tournament Round Matches (3 minutes and
Time Limit: All Yudansha Divisions (3 minutes and Encho-Ipponshobu)
Rules: for Team
Team Match: 5 person team (Anyone: all age, gender, rank)
– If an Yudansha adult and a youth were to have a match, we will honor the Yudansha rules. This will allow the Yudansha to do Jo-dan, Ni-to, and Tsuki.
– For those youth entering the team match, please make sure they are old and capable enough to fight against adults. We suggest youth in high school.
“5 Best Team Matches”: (3 minutes and No Encho )
Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives
of each team will determine the winning team.
In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.