RSVP: April 22, 2016
20th Annual Memorial Day Kendo Team Tournament
- Date: Sunday, May 29th, 2016
- Location: Marina High School, 15871 Springdale Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92649
- Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place from 8:00a to 8:30 am.
- Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
- Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
- 12 years and under Division
- Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up) Division
- 13-15 years-old Division
- 40 years and Over / 4 Dan and below
- 16-18 years-old Division
- Yudansha Division
- 6. Fees: (non-refundable)
18 years and under $15.00 per person
19 years and up $20.00 per person
Bento (Lunch box): $8.00 per person
Note: Bento will be provided for Shinpan at no charge.
1. Each team consists of three members. Team members may consist of individuals from the same or different dojos or regions. In the case where members are required, please notify the competition committee ASAP for best possible arrangments.
2. Teams are free to create a team name. This name will remain unchanged once submitted on the entry form. Inappropriate or discriminatory names or slogans are prohibited and will be changed immediately.
3. 2 CONTACT PERSONS over the age of 18 should be assigned to each dojo. Please provide a contact number or e-mail on the application form.
4. Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
5. Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
6. Division Ranks as of May 1, 2016
7. Age as of May 29th, 2016
8. Each person can only participate in one division and is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
9. In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
10. It will be an automatic loss by default if one is not present at the time of the match. There will be no exceptions for those who have already been declared a loss by default.
11. Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date. However, if unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament committee will allow dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly notify the SCKO Competition Committee of any team changes. The SCKO Competition Committee has the right to decline any team changes after the tournament deadline date.
SHIAI RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Tournament rounds will be held in round robin (as necessary), followed by single elimination.
2. The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and the chief judge will announce its duration at the opening ceremony.
3. If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw (HIKI-WAKE) will be declared.
4. Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of precedence:
A) Highest number of individual winners
B) If the number of individual winners is the same, the highest number of points scored.
C) Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (daihyo-sen, ippon shobu) between chosen representatives of each team will determine the winning team.