1. Date: October 3rd, 2010 (Sunday)
2.Place:Cerritos Regional Park Gym,19700 Bloomfield Ave Cerritos, CA 90703
3. Eligibility:AUSKF Members Only (Please ask Asuka or Natsuko if you don’t know this membership)
4. Event: Individual Kendo Tournament
5. Entree fee: $20.00 (18 & over) $15.00 (17 & under)
6. Bento: $8.00 each
2010 All California Open Kendo Tournament
Date: Sunday, September 5th, 2010
Hoover High School Event Center
5550 N. First Street
Fresno, CA 93710
Registration: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
• 13-years old and Younger
• 14-17 years old
• Adult Kyu (18-years old and Older)
• Women’s (Kyu & Dan)
• Yudansha (1Dan – 3Dan)
• Yudansha (4Dan & Above)
• Senior (50 years old & Older)
• 11-Member Federation Team
Shinpan: 4-dan and above are eligible
Entry Fee: $15.00 per participant (non-refundable)
Shiai Rules: Individual Divisions
• Individuals can only participate in one individual division
• Each kenshi must supply his/her own set of tasuki
• Time Limits
o All divisions except Yudansha and Seniors: 3 minutes with Hantei
o Yudansha & Senior divisions: 4 minutes and Hantei
• Limit one team per federation
• Teams will consist of 11-members as outlined on attached entry form
• Time limit: 3 minutes / no encho
• In case of a tie between teams in wins and points, winner will be determined by ippon-shobu.
• All other rules will comply with standard rules and regulations set forth by the International Kendo Federation (IKF).
Date: August 15,2010
Roll Call: 7:30 AM
Place: CSULB, Pyramid
*Yudansha Divisions (Regular Tournament)
1 dan, 2 dan,3 dan,4 dan, and women’s dan
Rules: 4 minutes, unlimited Extension
0-4 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 yeas of age and under)
3-1 Kyu Team (3 kenshi, 17 years of age and under)
Rules: Each dojo can submit up to 2 teams in each division
3 minutes, no extension
3 kenshi consisting of any combination of below mentioned:
-Adult kyu (18 years of age and older)
– Yudansha (up to 3 dan and 30 years of age and older)
Minimum of 2 kenshi per team
Taisho can not tie. If there are any ties prior to the taisho match both participants will sit
No jodan, no nitto, and no tsuki
Each dojo can submit up to 2 teams
Tournament Fee: $20.00
◦ Officials, staff members, spectators, and volunteers have FREE admission. However, will be asked to pay a parking fee.
Volunteer: Three courts and front desk need volunteers
Roll Call 8:00~8:30 (all divisions)
Place: Hompa Honganji
815 East First St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Individual Matches; 3 minutes, 2 min extension, hantei (Except semifinals and final)
Team Matches; 3 minutes, no extension
10years and under any kyu
11 to 13 years any kyu
14 to 15 years any kyu
Women’s kyu 14 and older
Adult 16 and older
1) 0-4 kyu
2) 3-1 kyu
Team (kyu team)
senpo : 11 and under any kyu
jiho : 13 and under any kyu
chuken : 15 and under any kyu
fukusho : any kyu, any age
taisho : any kyu, any age
Kyu Division- $15.00
Bento- $9.00 each
*all fees are non-refundable
Southern California Kendo Organization
To all SCKO Affiliated Dojo
Regarding: Additional requirement for Kendo Rank Promotion Examination
We would like to announce that Southern California Kendo Organization (SCKO) has decided to add an examination item for 1 Kyu, 2 Kyu, and 3 Kyu promotion exams. The new test item is called “Basic Kendo practice with Bokuto” and All Japan Kendo Federation has been implementing in their promotion exams for the past few years. Please refer to the link below:
Kenshis that have already obtained 1 Dan or higher will not have the opportunity to take this test. However, it is required that these people learn all the basic movements. Please master all 9 basic movements by yourself. If you have any questions, the SCKO Education department will always be happy to help you.
1. General: “Basic Kendo practice with Bokuto” is in total 9 basic steps which incorporates most of the basic Kendo movements. See explanation below (Japanese) and the video.
2. Since this is the first time we are implementing this, we will proceed in stages.
– November 2010 Promotion Exam: All 1 Kyu, 2 Kyu and 3 Kyu examinee must take the Bokuto Keiko Basic 1 to 4.
– April 2011: 1 Kyu and 2 Kyu examinee must take the Bokuto Keiko Basic 1 to 6, and 3 Kyu needs to take Basic 1 to 4.
– November 2011: 1 Kyu examinee must take a Bokuto Keiko Basic 1 to 9, 2 Kyu take Basic 1 to 6, and 3 Kyu take Basic 1 to 4.
– After April 2012: 1 Kyu – Basic 1 to 9
2 Kyu – Basic 1 to 6
3 Kyu – Basic 1 to 4
3. For a better understanding of Bokuto Keiko, SCKO Education will schedule seminars for all Dojo instructors (TBD). All Dojo instructors have the responsible to teach your Dojo members.
4. All 4 Kyu and higher Kenshis need their own Bokuto, which is required to learn Bokuto Keiko and also to take the exam.
This is an official announcement from SCKO and if you have any question, please contact the President, VP/Promotion, VP/education or Secretary of SCKO.
Southern California Kendo Organization TEAM SCKO 2011 – Preliminary Tryout
Event: TEAM SCKO 2011 – Preliminary Tryout
Date: Sunday, September 19, 2010
Time: Sign in & Shinai Check: 11:00AM
Sign in closes: 12:00AM
Elimination starts: 12:30AM
Entry Fee: $25 per division
Registration Deadline: June 30, 2010
Location: Osaka Sangyo University (OSULA)
The Southern California Kendo Organization (SCKO) would like to invite eligible Kenshis to enter the TEAM SCKO 2011 Preliminary Tryout. The Preliminary Tryout is the first round of the two elimination tryouts process, which will determine who will represent SCKO at the 2011 All U.S. Kendo Championships (AUSKF), to be held during the July 4th weekend, in 2011 (tentative). Details are yet to be decided.
Open tryouts is extremely time consuming. Therefore, the SCKO Board of Directors is asking each Dojo instructors, to recommend their outstanding Kenshis to participate in the Preliminary Tryout.
• All participants must be members of both the SCKO and the AUSKF
• 2010 SCKO and AUSKF dues must be paid by March 31, 2011.
• All participants must be within the division age by the tournament date (July 2011).
Kenshis may only compete in one (1) division for the AUSKF Championships. However, you may enter a Kenshi in as many divisions as desired for the SCKO qualification process, as long as that participant meets the eligibility requirements, and pays the appropriate entry fee of $25 per division entered. Entry fees are non-refundable.
|Men||16 or over||N/A||3 Years||3 min. Encho|
|Women||16 or over||N/A||3 Years||3 min. Encho|
|Senior Youth (Boys)||16 – 18||N/A||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
|Junior Youth (Boys)||12 – 15||N/A||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
|Senior Youth (Girls)||16 – 18||N/A||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
|Junior Youth (Girls)||12 – 15||N/A||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
|Senior||50 +||3 Dan or higher||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
|Mudansha (Men/Women)||18 or over||1 Kyu or lower||1 Year||3 min. Encho|
Round Robin results will be based on the following criteria:
1) Player with the most “Number of Won Matches”
2) If the “Number of Won Matches” is the same, then the player with the most “Number of Points (Ippon) obtained”
3) If “Number of Won Matches” and “Number of Points (Ippon) obtained” are both tied, then a re-match will be played, in “Ippon Shobu”
TEAM SCKO Preliminary Tryout Application
TEAM SCKO Prospect
HEAD INSTRUCTOR NAME: __________________________________
Please check eligibility requirements.
Enter your Preliminary Tryout recommended participants information and return by June 30, 2010 to the following:
(Please use more pages if necessary)
Team SCKO Manager
LATE ENTRIES ARE NOT ACCEPTED
|NAME (Last, First)||RANK||AGE||DIVISION||AUSKF #||Phone #|
|Kendo, Taro (Sample)||2 Dan||18||Menemail@example.com|
|Kendo, Taro (Sample)||2 Dan||18||Sr. Youthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Number of Participants:||$25/division:x 25||Total:|
2011 AUSKF National Championship
Team SCKO Tryout Participation Requirements
- Have AUSKF and SCKO membership dues paid prior to the Preliminary tryouts.
- Have the tryout entry form and the tryout fee ($25) submitted to SCKO.
- Have been recommended from the Dojo Head Instructor
- After the Preliminary tryout date is announced, all Team SCKO Prospects must participate in practice sessions, training camps, and meetings, until the AUSKF National Championship. Failing to do so, the player will receive a warning from the Manager or Coach, and if no improvement is made, this player will be eliminated from the Team SCKO Prospect list. The location of practice will be at Cerritos Dojo, every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month.
Team SCKO Selection Criteria
- Motivation and desire to be a SCKO player/team member
- Recommendation based on Manager and Coach’s decision
- Participate in all SCKO tryout process
- Win matches through the final tryouts
- Attend Team SCKO Practices, Training Camps, Godo Keiko, and Team events
- Be a team player and cooperate with the team
- Comply with the Manager and Coach’s requests. If the player can not comply with the requests, the player will be dismissed.
After Team SCKO is selected
- All Team SCKO members must participate in practice sessions, training camps, and meetings, until the AUSKF National Championships.
- Failing to participate in SCKO Team events (i.e. Team SCKO Practices, Training Camps, Godo Keiko, and Team events, as requested by the Manager and Coach), the player will be warned by the Manager or Coach. After the warning, if no improvement is made, this player will be dismissed from the Team SCKO.
- Be a team player and cooperate with the team.
- Comply with the Manager and Coach requests. If the player can not comply with these requests, the player will be dismissed.
- We really hope that you are selected to the SCKO Team and become a part of the team. However, we are required to inform you that your team participation is “at will” basis, and that you can be dismissed at any time, with or without cause, and you are similarly able to leave the team.
- Some players will play in the Team, the Individual matches, or both the Team and the Individual matches. The SCKO Team Manager and Coach will decide who will play in the Team or Individual matches, before the AUSKF Championships.
- Players need to understand what will financially be provided by the SCKO (Drinks, taping, training camp fees, transportation costs, name tag, team jacket, etc. may be personal responsibility.)
- Each player will be required to pay a fee of $200 participation fee, in order to cover part of the expenses for the AUSKF Championships trip and the training.
- SCKO selection rules may vary if the AUSKF rules changes.
Team SCKO Schedule for AUSKF National Championship
|Jun 30, 2010||Deadline to submit names for the Preliminary tryout|
|Jul/Aug, 2010||Keiko sessions in preparation for AUSKF Nationals||Everyone who has submitted their names for the Preliminary Tryout should participate in the Keiko sessions. Practices will be held at Cerritos Dojo, every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month (18:30 – 20:00PM). Practice schedule may change as based on the progress of the team.|
|Sep 19, 2010||Preliminary Tryout(Group Round Robin)||In the Preliminary Tryout, Prospect Players will be divided into groups, and the selected players will advance to the Final Tryout.Selection criteria: Round Robin results and Manager and Coach’s selection|
|Jan/Feb 2011||Training Camp||Manager/Coach to determine date and agenda|
|Feb 13, 2011||Final Tryout Part I||Round Robin. SCKO Team Members will be selected in the Final Tryout (Part I/ II). The number of players to be selected in each category is listed in the chart below.|
|Mar 13, 2011||Final Tryout Part II||Round Robin. Continuation of the Final Tryout|
|Jun 2011||Training Camp||Manager/Coach to determine date and agenda|
|Jun 2011||Send-off/Motivational party||After June 19th SCKO Godo Keiko (Tentative)|
|Jul 2011||Championships||AUSKF National Championship|
Number of players to be selected by category
|Category||Age||Team SCKOTotal (Selection/Mgr. Coach Pick)|
|Men||16 or over||9 (7/2)|
|Women||16 or over||8 (6/2)|
|Senior Youth (Boys)||16 – 18||6 (3/3)|
|Junior Youth (Boys)||12 – 15||6 (3/3)|
|Senior Youth (Girls)||16 – 18||6 (3/3)|
|Junior Youth (Girls)||12 – 15||3 (0/3)|
|Mudansha (Men/Women)||18 or over||2 Men+1 Women (1/2)|
Team SCKO Manager
Please RSVP by May 28
June 13 (Sunday) Junior Godogeiko SCKF & SCKO
Cerritos Regional Park
19700 Bloomfield Avenue
Cerritos, CA 90703-7811
Sunday June 13
8:00 – 11:45AM
MEET AT 7:45AM
Warm-up/Suburi (30 min)
Kirikaeshi/Oikomi (30 min)
Shiai (60 min)
Godogeiko (60 min)
Uchikomi/Kakarigeiko (30 min)