To all NEW Kendo and Jodo members,
Please fill out this form and submit it by Tuesday, March 12th, 2019!!!
NO EXCEPTIONS FOR LATE REGISTRATIONS!
Fees are as follows:
- 17 & under $55
- 18 & over (adult) $95
- 18 & over, full time student $65
- Initiation fee $10 (any new members without AUSKF ID registering for the first time)
THE 2019 WKF Spring KENDO CHAMPIONSHIP
PLEASE RSVP BY APRIL 9, 2019
– Date : Sunday, April 28th, 2019
– Location: John Burroughs High School
1920 W Clark Ave, Burbank, CA 91506
– Roll Call : 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM. Gym Opens at 7:00 AM
- Event : Individual / Team Tournament
• 10‐years old and younger
• 11‐12 years old
• 13‐15 years old
• 16‐18 years old
• Adult Kyu Men & Women ( 19 & Over )
• Women ‐ Any Age & All Ranks
• Seniors ‐ 50 & Over, All Ranks
• 1‐3 Dan ‐ Any Age
• 4 Dan Up ‐ Any Age
- Women’s Team Best 3 Division
- Team Best 5 Division
・ Youth – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
・ Adult – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
・ Yudansha (Black Belt) – 4 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extnesion)
・ Each participant can enter in only one division
・ Rank and Age as of April 28th, 2019
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth
by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK). Tournament rules may be subject to change
by the WKF Tournament Committee.
Fees: $20 (non-refundable)
Lunch: $10 (*Lunch will be provided by WKF for all Shinpans and volunteers.)
Butokuden Kendo Members!
This is the biggest event of our Dojo. I hope everyone can make it! A lot of games and prizes.
Part 1: Tournament (it may vary depending on the progress):
10:30 Roll call
11:00 Opening ceremony
11:30 Junior Tournament Starts
12:30 Junior Finals
13:30 Adult’s Tournament
14:30 Martial Arts Demonstration
15:00 Adult’s Finals
15:30 Closing Ceremony. Awards Ceremony
Part 2: Christmas Party
16:00 Party preparation
16:30 Christmas Party Starts
Potluck Dinner, Games, Santa Claus Visit, Talent Show, Present Exchange
20:00 Party Close
1) Dinner will be Potluck, so please bring your favorite dishes.
2) Present donation are welcome for Game and Talent show prizes.
3) For present exchange, please bring a gift of the following amount: Kids: up to $5, Adults: up to $10
Divisions (May vary depending on the number of participants in each division):
1. Junior Non-Bogu A (5 – 7 years old)
2. Junior Non-Bogu B (7 – 14 years old)
3. Junior A (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 9 years old and under)
4. Junior B (0 Kyu – 3 Kyu: 10 – 14 years old)
5. Junior C (2 Kyu – 1 Kyu: 14 years old and under)
6. Junior D (15 – 18 years old)
7. Junior Girls (10 – 18 years old)
8. Adult Non-Bogu (15 years old and older)
9. Adult Kyu (19 years old and older)
10. Men’s Dan (1 Dan – 3 Dan: 19 years old and older)
11. Women’s Dan (1 Dan and up: 19 years old and older)
12. Masters (45 years old and older)
13. Sensei (4 Dan and up)
* Players in the following can participate in multiple divisions
(Adult Kyu, Men’s Dan, Women’s Dan in Masters)
(Junior Girls in Junior Division)
*Division 1 – 9 have qualifying round before tournament.
*Time: Division 3 – 7 & 9: 2 min, Division 10 – 13: 3 min (may change)
RSVP by October 30th
1. Date: November 18, 2018 (Sunday)
2. Time: Roll Call- Kyu Group: 9:00AM, Yudansha Group: 12:30PM
3. Place: Butokuden Dojo, 1581 Browning, Irvine, CA 92606
4. Examination Fee:
|Exam Fee||Certificate Fees|
|Kyu 17 years & under||$10.00||$20.00|
|Kyu 18 years & above||$10.00||$30.00|
5. Applicants Must Bring: All ranks must bring own Kendo·gu, neat Keiko·gi and Hakama, and Shinai.
3 Kyu and Up, bring Bokuto for taking “Bokuto Keiko hou” (Training Method for
fundamental kendo techniques with Bokuto) and Nihon Kendo Kata exams.
1 Kyu and Up, bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
6. Examination Items:
6 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men·uchi (twice), (chakuso, reiho, hassei)
5 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, Men-uchi (twice), kote-men (twice), doh-uchi (twice), (chakuso,
4 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei)
3 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei), “Bokuto Keiko hou” 1-4
2 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu·no·sae), “Bokuto
Keiko hou” 1-9
1 Kyu: Gokaku-keiko, (chakuso, kamae, reiho, hassei, datotsu·no·sae, ki-ken·taiichi),
Nihon Kendo Kata 1-3 and written examination (no more “Bokuto Keiko hou”)
1 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is skilled and has learned the basics of kendo),
Nihon Kendo Kata 1-5, and written examination
2 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is finely skilled and has acquired the basics of
kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1·7, and written examination
3 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is superbly skilled and has expertise in the basics
of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1 · 10, and written examination
4 Dan: Gokaku-keiko (one who is exceptionally skilled and has mastered the basics
and applied use of kendo), Nihon Kendo Kata 1·10, and written examination
(*1) All 1 Kyu and 1-4 Dan taking the exam must complete the attached written examination prior to the exam date. They must submit this on the day of the exam. Written examination is the last state of your promotion
(*2) Examinees who successfully pass all stages of the rank exam MUST pay Certificate (Menjo) fee at the day
of the exam, after the results are announced. Without paying the certificate fee on the day of the exam, the
passed rank will be annulled.
(*3) AUSKF issues only English certificates.
(*4) All examinees must be a member of AUSKF and pay their annual fee before submitting for examination.
RSVP September 20th
Date: 9/30 (Sunday)
Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00PM (Godo keiko 4:00 – 4:45 if we have time.)
Instructor: 7dan sensei
Participants: Kendo rank of 1 Dan and above (Over 14years old)(If you are under 1 Dan or 14 years old, you can join as volunteer.)
Please come prepared with:
– Shinpan Ki (Referee Flags)
– Mejiryushi (Red/White Ribbon tags)
– Referee Booklet (2006 ver.)
– Kendo Dogu and Shinai
We need volunteers as player. Kyu rank and children are also welcome.
This is very good opportunity for learning about referee and improving your skill.
We are looking forward to many people taking this opportunity to attend!
We don’t have Kendo Practice in this Wndnesday(8/8/18) because no sensei(instructor) is here.
PLEASE RSVP BY THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018
SCKO will be hosting the 2018 Memorial Day Kendo Team Tournament on Sunday, May 27th, 2018.
- Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2018 (Memorial Weekend Sunday)
- Location: Cabrillo High School: 2001 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
- Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place from 8:15am to 8:30 am.
- Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
- Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
|● 12 years and under Kids Division||● Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up)|
|● 13-15 years-old Youth Division||● 1st – 4th Dan Division, Over 40 Years Old|
|● 16-18 years-old Sr. Youth Division||● Yudansha Division|
- Fees: (non-refundable)
18 years and under $15.00 per person
19 years and up $20.00 per person
Bento (Lunch box): $10.00 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
- Each team consists of three members. Team members may consist of individuals from the same or different dojos or regions. In the case where members are required, please notify the competition committee ASAP for best possible arrangements.
- Teams are free to make a fun and creative team name. SCKO reserves the right and discretion to edit names if deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- 2 CONTACT PERSONS over the age of 18 must be assigned to each dojo. Please provide a contact number or e-mail on the application form.
- Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
- Division Ranks as of May 15th, 2018
- Age as of May 28th, 2018
- Each person can only participate in one divisionand is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
- It will be an automatic loss by default if one is not present at the time of the match. There will be no exceptions for those who have already been declared a loss by default.
- Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date. However, if unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament committee will allow dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly notify the SCKO Competition Committee of any team changes. The SCKO Competition Committee has the right to decline any team changes after the tournament deadline date.
SHIAI RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tournament rounds will be held in round robin (as necessary), followed by single elimination.
- The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and the chief judge will announce its duration at the opening ceremony.
- If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw (HIKI-WAKE) will be declared.
- Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of precedence:
- A) Highest number of individual winners
- B) If the number of individual winners is the same, the highest number of points scored.
- C) Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives of each team will determine the winning team.
78th Nisei Week Kendo Tournament – Sunday, MAY 6th 2018 (KYU ONLY)
RSVP BY APRIL 20, 2018
Location: Almansor Park (Indoor Basketball Gym)
800 S. Almansor Ave. Alhambra, CA
(Participants can only enter 1 division excluding team)
- 10yrs and under
- 11-13 yrs
- 14-15 yrs
- Women’s (14 yrs and up)
- Adult 0-4 Kyu (16 yrs and up)
- Adult 3-1 Kyu (16yrs and up)
Individual matches –3 minutes, 2 minute extension, hantei (EXCEPT semifinals and final)
Team Matches – 3 minutes, NO extension
*Tournament will follow SCKF Tournament Rules and Regulations, Ver 3.1, 01/2009
For all divisions: NO Tsuki. NO Jodan. A participant may only use the chudan position to strike from. A Strike from other non-chudan kamae will not be considered as a valid point.
15 yrs and under – $15.00
16 yrs and over – $20.00
Bento – $9.00 ea.
Application Deadline: April 12th 2018 (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Location: Butokuden Dojo, 1581 Browning Irvine, CA 92606
Date: 04/29/2018 (Sunday)
Roll Call: Kyu Division 9:00 AM, Dan Division 12:30 pm
The rank examination follows the rules stated in the “AUSKF Regulations for Kendo promotion examination”.
SCKO welcomes kenshi from AUSKF approved federations to apply for the examination. However, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
* All non-SCKO participans must receive written approval from your
federation to take the promotion exam.
* SCKO reserves the right to accept or refuse participants based on,
but not exclusive to, the conditions listed above.
Rank Examination Fee
SCKO affiliated Dojo
Exam Fee Certificate Fees
Kyu 17 years & under $10.00 $20.00
Kyu 18 years & above $10.00 $30.00
1 Dan $15.00 $50.00
2 Dan $25.00 $60.00
3 Dan $35.00 $80.00
4 Dan $45.00 $100.00
- Examination fee is NOT refundable.
Do not pay Certificate fee until passed rank.
- Applicants Must Bring: Kendo-gu, Keiko-gi and Hakama, and Shinai.
- 3 Kyu and Up, bring Bokuto for taking “Bokuto Keiko Hou” and “Nihon Kendo Kata” exams.
- *1 Kyu and Up, bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
- 6 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, “Men-Uchi” (twice), “Chakusho, Reiho, and Hassei”.
- 5 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, “Men-Uchi” (twice), “Kote-Men” (twice), “Do-Uchi” (twice), “Chakusho, Reiho, and Hassei”.
- 4 Kyu: Kirikaeshi, “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Chakusho, Kamae, Reiho, and Hassei”.
- 3 Kyu: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Chakusho, Kamae, Reiho, and Hassei”, “Bokuto Keiko Hou” 1- 4.
- 2Kyu: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Chakusho, Kamae, Reiho, Hassei, and Datotsu-no-Sae”, “Bokuto Keiko Hou” 1- 9.
- 1 Kyu: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Chakusho, Kamae, Reiho, Hassei, Datotsu-no-Sae, Ki-Ken-Tai-Ichi), Written Examination, “Nihon Kendo Kata” 1- 3.
- 1 Dan: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Nihon Kendo Kata” 1-5, and Written Examination.
- 2 Dan: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Nihon Kendo Kata” 1- 7, and Written Examination.
- 3 Dan: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Nihon Kendo Kata” 1- 10, and Written Examination.
- 4 Dan: “Gokaku-Keiko”, “Nihon Kendo Kata” 1- 10, and Written Examination.