2018 ENGO Scholarship Junior Kendo Championship
RSVP BY JUNE 5th, 2018
Date: Sunday, June 24th, 2018
(Gymnasium open 7am – Registration 8-8:30am)
Location: John Burroughs High School, Gymnasium (Building 5)
1920 W. Clark Ave, Burbank, CA 91506
- This championship will be open to all Kendo Students 18-years old and younger regardless of rank.
- The aggregate scholarship amount is $10,000.
- The trophies and award certificates will be presented in addition to the scholarships.
- Each participant will receive a Championship souvenir.
- Entry Fee: $20 & Lunch Box: $10 (In order to receive a lunch box, participants must pre-order their lunches. Drinks are included. Complimentary lunch boxes will be provided to shinpans/referees)Loading…
HOST & SPONSOR
- Host: Western Kendo Federation
- Title Sponsor: Education for Next Generation Organization (ENGO)
- Volunteers: Youth Volunteers Organization (YVO)
- Accounting: ABC CPAs
- 9 years old and younger
- 10-11 years old
- 12-13 years old
- 14-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- 13-under girls
- 14-18 girls
- No Bogu Division
- Team Best 5 Division (One Team Per Dojo)
- Senpo: 13 years old and under
- Jiho/Chuken: 15 years old and under
- Fukusho/Taisho: 18 years old and under
- This Championships will be OPEN to all Dojos associated with AUSKF (All United States Kendo Federation).
- Each individual is only eligible to participate in a single individual division – Girls are allowed to compete in one of either Girls Individual Division or Boys Individual Division.
- Time Limit: 3 minutes with unlimited additional time thereafter
- No Bogu Division participants will perform:
- Kirikaeshi, Men, Kote, Kote-Men, Kote-Do
- All skills will be performed two times, with the exception of kirikaeshi
- Only one team from each Dojo can participate in the Team Best 5 Division:
- Team matches in the Team Best 5 Division will consist of 5 members selected from each age group as outlined above
- Time Limit: 3 minutes
- Tie matches will be determined by one point match (ippon-shoubu)
- Tsuki (neck attack) is valid only for 16-18 years old age group in the individual and Team (Captain/Taisho) Championships. Jodan will only be allowed in the 16-18 year old age group for Boys Individual and Boys Team Match.
- 1st Round of Match format will be round robin and 2nd Round format will be tournament brackets.
- The format of individual and team matches are subject to change depending on the number of participants.
- All other rules will comply with standard rules and regulations set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- 4-Dan and Up on a volunteer basis
PLEASE RSVP BY THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018
SCKO will be hosting the 2018 Memorial Day Kendo Team Tournament on Sunday, May 27th, 2018.
- Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2018 (Memorial Weekend Sunday)
- Location: Cabrillo High School: 2001 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
- Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place from 8:15am to 8:30 am.
- Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
- Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
|● 12 years and under Kids Division
||● Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up)
|● 13-15 years-old Youth Division
||● 1st – 4th Dan Division, Over 40 Years Old
|● 16-18 years-old Sr. Youth Division
||● Yudansha Division
- Fees: (non-refundable)
18 years and under $15.00 per person
19 years and up $20.00 per person
Bento (Lunch box): $10.00 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
- Each team consists of three members. Team members may consist of individuals from the same or different dojos or regions. In the case where members are required, please notify the competition committee ASAP for best possible arrangements.
- Teams are free to make a fun and creative team name. SCKO reserves the right and discretion to edit names if deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- 2 CONTACT PERSONS over the age of 18 must be assigned to each dojo. Please provide a contact number or e-mail on the application form.
- Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
- Division Ranks as of May 15th, 2018
- Age as of May 28th, 2018
- Each person can only participate in one divisionand is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
- It will be an automatic loss by default if one is not present at the time of the match. There will be no exceptions for those who have already been declared a loss by default.
- Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date. However, if unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament committee will allow dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly notify the SCKO Competition Committee of any team changes. The SCKO Competition Committee has the right to decline any team changes after the tournament deadline date.
SHIAI RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tournament rounds will be held in round robin (as necessary), followed by single elimination.
- The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and the chief judge will announce its duration at the opening ceremony.
- If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw (HIKI-WAKE) will be declared.
- Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of precedence:
- A) Highest number of individual winners
- B) If the number of individual winners is the same, the highest number of points scored.
- C) Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives of each team will determine the winning team.
78th Nisei Week Kendo Tournament – Sunday, MAY 6th 2018 (KYU ONLY)
RSVP BY APRIL 20, 2018
Location: Almansor Park (Indoor Basketball Gym)
800 S. Almansor Ave. Alhambra, CA
(Participants can only enter 1 division excluding team)
- 10yrs and under
- 11-13 yrs
- 14-15 yrs
- Women’s (14 yrs and up)
- Adult 0-4 Kyu (16 yrs and up)
- Adult 3-1 Kyu (16yrs and up)
Individual matches –3 minutes, 2 minute extension, hantei (EXCEPT semifinals and final)
Team Matches – 3 minutes, NO extension
*Tournament will follow SCKF Tournament Rules and Regulations, Ver 3.1, 01/2009
For all divisions: NO Tsuki. NO Jodan. A participant may only use the chudan position to strike from. A Strike from other non-chudan kamae will not be considered as a valid point.
15 yrs and under – $15.00
16 yrs and over – $20.00
Bento – $9.00 ea.
RSVP BY APRIL 19, 2018
The tournament will be held Sunday, May 20th, 2018, at Leigh High School, main gym.
The address is:
5210 Leigh Ave., San Jose, CA, 95124
All participants must check in by 8:30am. The tournament will begin promptly at 9am. There is no entry fee, but your generous donations are greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: Categories subject to change depending upon the number of entries.
- Youth 10 yrs and under
- Youth 11-13 yrs old
- Youth 14-17 yrs old (kyu only)
- Adult Kyu, 18 yrs and up
- Open Women (any rank, 14 yrs and up)
- Over 40 Women (any rank, 40 yrs and up) May also register in open women’s division, however, depending on the number of participants, may be restricted to one division.
- 1-2 Dan
- 3 Dan and up
- Seniors (50 yrs old and up, any rank)
- Participants will be allowed to enter one (1) individual and one (1) team category only. Except women over 40 may enter both Over 40 Women and Open Women’s division. However, depending on the number of participants, may be restricted to one division.
- Youth Team: 5 person team. 17 yrs and under, Kyu only. 2 Teams allowed
- Women’s Team: 3 woman team (14 yrs and up). 2 teams allowed.
- Adult Team: 5 person team. 2 Teams allowed.
- Dojo must have 2 members to have a team (Senpo and Taisho). A member from another dojo may be added to an incomplete team by tournament organizers.
RSVP by April 12
THE 2018 WKF Spring KENDO CHAMPIONSHIP
- Date : Sunday, April 29th, 2018
- Location: John Burroughs High School
1920 W Clark Ave, Burbank, CA 91506
- Roll Call : 8:00AM to 8:30AM. Gym Opens at 7:00am
- Event : Individual / Team Tournament
- 10-years old and younger
- 11-12 years old
- 13-15 years old
- 16-18 years old
- Adult Kyu Men & Women ( 19 & Over )
- Women – Any Age & All Ranks
- Seniors – 50 & Over, All Ranks
- 1-3 Dan – Any Age
- 4 Dan Up – Any Age
- Team Best 5 Division
- Youth – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
- Adult – 3 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extension)
- Yudansha (Black Belt) – 4 minutes / Unlimited Encho (Extnesion)
- Each participant can enter in only one division
- Rank and Age as of April 29th, 2018
Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK). Tournament rules may be subject to change by the WKF Tournament Committee.
- Fees: $20 (non-refundable)
- Lunch: $10 (*Lunch will be provided by WKF for all Shinpans and volunteers.)