PLEASE RSVP BY THURSDAY, MAY 10, 2018
SCKO will be hosting the 2018 Memorial Day Kendo Team Tournament on Sunday, May 27th, 2018.
- Date: Sunday, May 27th, 2018 (Memorial Weekend Sunday)
- Location: Cabrillo High School: 2001 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
- Roll Call: On the tournament date, registration will take place from 8:15am to 8:30 am.
- Eligibility: Must be a Valid AUSKF Member
- Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (three players per team) with the following divisions:
|● 12 years and under Kids Division||● Adult Kyu Division (19 years old and up)|
|● 13-15 years-old Youth Division||● 1st – 4th Dan Division, Over 40 Years Old|
|● 16-18 years-old Sr. Youth Division||● Yudansha Division|
- Fees: (non-refundable)
18 years and under $15.00 per person
19 years and up $20.00 per person
Bento (Lunch box): $10.00 per person
1) Bento will be provided for all Shinpans at no charge
2) Maximum of 5 full-day volunteers per dojo will be provided with Bento at no charge
- Each team consists of three members. Team members may consist of individuals from the same or different dojos or regions. In the case where members are required, please notify the competition committee ASAP for best possible arrangements.
- Teams are free to make a fun and creative team name. SCKO reserves the right and discretion to edit names if deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- 2 CONTACT PERSONS over the age of 18 must be assigned to each dojo. Please provide a contact number or e-mail on the application form.
- Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
- Division Ranks as of May 15th, 2018
- Age as of May 28th, 2018
- Each person can only participate in one divisionand is responsible for bringing their own MEJIRUSHI (Red/White indicator)
- In order to run the tournament efficiently, please have an adult accompany youth division teams at all times.
- It will be an automatic loss by default if one is not present at the time of the match. There will be no exceptions for those who have already been declared a loss by default.
- Team members cannot be modified after the tournament deadline date. However, if unforeseen situations such as injuries occur, the tournament committee will allow dialogue for possible team changes. Please promptly notify the SCKO Competition Committee of any team changes. The SCKO Competition Committee has the right to decline any team changes after the tournament deadline date.
SHIAI RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tournament rounds will be held in round robin (as necessary), followed by single elimination.
- The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and the chief judge will announce its duration at the opening ceremony.
- If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw (HIKI-WAKE) will be declared.
- Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of precedence:
- A) Highest number of individual winners
- B) If the number of individual winners is the same, the highest number of points scored.
- C) Should A and B turn out to be even, a one-point match playoff (Daihyo-sen, Ippon Shobu) between chosen representatives of each team will determine the winning team.