Entry Fee: $0 per Competitor. Happy Holidays!
Date: Sunday, December 11th, 2016
Place: West High School Gymnasium, 20401 Victor St, Torrance, CA 90503
Entry deadline: End of Day, Saturday, December 3rd
7:30 am Setup
8:00 am Registration
8:45 am Opening Ceremony
9:00 am Tournament Starts.
Court Volunteers: Please provide volunteers from each dojo (at least 3-5 people/dojo).
Volunteers, please arrive at 7:30am for setup and training.
Lunch: Lunch will NOT be provided. Please bring your own lunch.
|Non-Bogu Matches : Single Elimination
· 14 & Under Non-Bogu Division
· 15 & Over Non-Bogu Division
See Rules and Regulation for Format
|Non-Dan Kids Under 12
· 9 years old & under (Boys & Girls)
· 10-12 years old, 4 kyu or greater (Boys & Girls)
· 10-12 years old, 1-3 kyu (Boys & Girls)
· Over 13 years old, Women’s Kyu
· Under 40 years old, Women’s Dan
· 40 years old & above, Women’s Dan
· 13-16 years old Men’s Kyu
· Over 17 years old Men’s Kyu
· 13-16 years old Men’s 1-2Dan
· 17-29 years old Men’s 1-2 Dan
· 30 years old and above Men’s 1-2 Dan
· Men’s 3-5 Dan (All Ages)
· 6 Dan up (All ages)
- Individual Match : **Divisions subject to change depending on registration**
- East-West Team Match: The team will be divided into 2 teams/2 minutes, 3-point match.
RULES and REGULATION
- Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki Waza and Jodan are authorized for over 16 years old only AND MUST HAVE Dan Rank.
- Each person can only participate in one division and is responsible for bringing one’s own Me-Jirushi
- Tournament brackets will be made right before the tournament. Depending on the number of participants, some divisions may be combined with others.
Tournament Format and Time:
NON-BOGU Group Round 1: Men (2), Kote (2), Do (2)
Round 2: Kirikaeshi (1set)
Round 3: Kote-Men (2), Kote-Do (2), KoteMen-Do (2)
Winner: Decision by Hantei
KYU Group 2 minutes 3 Point Match / 1 min Encho / Hantei
DAN Group 3 minutes 3 Point Match / 1 min Encho / Hantei
*KYU & DAN Group: Semifinal and Final will be Unlimited Encho, no Hantei
- Grand Championship 3 minutes 3 Point Match / Unlimited Encho, no Hantei
- East –West Match 2 minutes / 3 point match No Encho KACHINUKI Match.
(In the case of a tie, the next kenshi from each team will compete)