Exam Date April 21st, 2013
Time: Roll call Kyu group: 9:00 AM, Yudansha group: 12:30 PM
- Place: Butokuden Dojo (1581 Browning Irvine, CA 92606)
- Application Deadline for BUTOKUDEN: March 14, 2013 No Exceptions
- Submit photocopy of existing rank certificate if taken at another Federation.
- Applicants must bring: All ranks must bring own Kendo-gu, neatness Keiko-gi and Hakama, Shinai.
- 3 Kyu and up bring Bokuto for take an exam of “Bokuto keiko hou” (Training Method for fundamental kendo techniques with Bokuto) and kendo kata.
- 1 Kyu and up bring completed Written Test Questionnaire.
1) Kendo match: All ranks (6 Kyu – 4 Dan)
2) Bokuto Keiko hou fundamental requirements:
- 1 to 4: 3 Kyu
- 1 to 6: 2 Kyu
- 1 to 9: 1 Kyu
3) Nihon Kendo kata required for 1 to 3: 1 Kyu
- 1 to 5: 1 Dan
- 1 to 7: 2 Dan
- 1 to 10: 3 Dan and 4 Dan
4) Written test required for 1 Kyu, 1 Dan, 2 Dan, 3 Dan and 4 Dan
- All 1kyu and 1Dan through 4Dan taking exam must complete the attached written test prior to the exam date. They must submit this on the day of the exam. Written test is last stages of your examination.
- Enclosed is only one copy of each Rank test. Therefore, please make additional copies of the written test and distribute to examination applicants.
- Examinees, which successfully pass all stages of the rank exam, MUST pay Certificate (Menjo) fee at the day of the exam, after the results are announced. Without order certificate, the passed rank will annul.
- AUSKF issue Only English certificate.
- All examinees must be a member of AUSKF and pay their annual fee before submit this examination.