THE 15TH MEMORIAL DAY KENDO TOURNAMENT
The Southern California Kendo Organization will be holding its 15th Memorial Day Kendo Tournament on Sunday, May 29th, 2011 at Cerritos regional park gym in Cerritos. This tournament will be held in a unique way so all the participants can enjoy this event. We hope you will accept our invitation by filling out and returning the enclosed form.
President of Southern California Kendo Organization
1. Date: Sunday, May 29th, 2011
8:30AM to 9:00AM roll call for all divisions.
2. Place: Cerritos regional park gym
19700 Bloomfield Ave, Cerritos, CA 90703
3. Eligibility: AUSKF Member
4. Event: TEAM TOURNAMENT (Three Kenshis per team)
- 13 years and under Division
- 14-17 years Division
- Adult Kyu(18 years and up) Division
- Yudansha Division
5. Fees:( non-refundable )
Participation: 17 years and under $15.00
18 years and up $20.00
Bento (Lunch box): $8.00
6. Deadline: May 9, 2011 (Must be postmarked by this date)
*Please return the excel application forms by e-mail to:
*Please send fee by check payable to SCKO (Must be postmarked by May 9, 2011) by mail to:
*If you have any questions, please contact to:
Hajime Mori (SCKO Director of Competition)
2155 E. Colorado Blvd #4, Pasadena, CA 91107
- Each team consists of three members.Team members may consist of individuals from the same or different dojos or regions.
- Each team is requested to choose a name that is the Dojo Name followed by a letter from the alphabet representing the team.
(Example: WLA-A, Long Beach-B, GARDENA-C) for each division.
- A HEAD CONTACT person over 18 years old should be assigned for each team and his or her phone number or e-mail address is to be listed on the application form.
- Regulations of the matches will follow “The Regulation of Kendo Shiai and Shinpan” set forth by the Federation of International Kendo (FIK).
- Tsuki waza is authorized for YUDANSHA DIVISION only.
- Ranks as of May 1, 2011
- Age as of May 29, 2011
- Each person can only participate in one division and is responsible for bringing their own Me-Jirushi (Red/White indicator)
- Each dojo must provide one or more shinpan for every 10 participants. However we always have not enough number of shinpan, so please provide as many as possible.
- Since many of kids are not aware of the time and court for their team’s match (es), Please have an adult with team at all times.
If your kids division team does not answer when called for their match, your kids team will automatically lost by default. Once your kids team loses by default, your team cannot have a make up match even if you arrive at the court later.
- As a general rule, it is not possible to modify team members after registration. However,
for unforeseen situations such as injuries, the tournament committee will evaluate the
case and be in contact.
- Tournament rounds will be single elimination.
- The individual match is conducted according to SANBON-SHOBU, and its duration will be announced by the chief judge at the morning. If no winner is determined within the duration, a draw will be declared.
- Determination of the winning team will be made in the following order of precedence;
➀ Higher number of individual winners; but, if breaks even, then
➁ Higher number of points scored.
➂ Should ➀ and ➁ turn out to be even, a one point match play-off (daihyo-sen, ippon shobu)between representatives of the two teams will determine the winning team.